Half-Life: Alyx

A place to discuss music and video games.

Fuck Gabe in the ass man. I'll buy his whole set just gimme something to play.

controller is sleek tho

prince0gotham wrote:controller is sleek tho
Some would say ''visionary'' but I don't like track balls, even on this laptop it feels like a drag to use one.

Still standing by my initial reaction though - cool - now show us something new, as in software. Probably around E3 2014.

im mostly hoping for this to be true
Traditional gamepads force us to accept compromises. We’ve made it a goal to improve upon the resolution and fidelity of input that’s possible with those devices. The Steam controller offers a new and, we believe, vastly superior control scheme, all while enabling you to play from the comfort of your sofa. Built with high-precision input technologies and focused on low-latency performance, the Steam controller is just what the living-room ordered.
considering it does look pretty different it just might be true

prince0gotham wrote:im mostly hoping for this to be true
Traditional gamepads force us to accept compromises. We’ve made it a goal to improve upon the resolution and fidelity of input that’s possible with those devices. The Steam controller offers a new and, we believe, vastly superior control scheme, all while enabling you to play from the comfort of your sofa. Built with high-precision input technologies and focused on low-latency performance, the Steam controller is just what the living-room ordered.
considering it does look pretty different it just might be true
It certainly looks like something only Valve could come up with: weird, slick, somewhat ugly from a wrong angle... but still like a nice piece of tech.

I've heard rumors SteamOS will run on PCs as well.
And the controller is hackable.
"The Steam Controller was designed from the ground up to be hackable," says Valve. The company says it will make tools available to "enable users to participate in all aspects of the experience, from industrial design to electrical engineering." For developers, the controller API will be made available the same day that units are shipped to beta participants.
So expect loads of different mods and hacks available to suite the gamers' different needs.

This might turn out to be a real game changer. (No pun intended)

fuck this is good

But... but... half life 3? :cry: