General Music Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
Opinions on The Now Now?

Bacon wrote:
June 30th, 2018, 6:52 pm
Opinions on The Now Now?
I'm far from any huge Gorillaz fan and I've only listened through it twice, so maybe don't listen to me. But in my opinion it's better than Humanz, but still not a great album. Maybe a 6.5/10 for me so far, but knowing myself it will probably go up as I listen to it more. The whole album is just a little bit too chill for my liking, I prefer their more funkrocky stuff better.

Favorite song is Kansas, Humility is also great.

Sanchez wrote:
July 1st, 2018, 12:21 pm
Bacon wrote:
Opinions on The Now Now?
I'm far from any huge Gorillaz fan and I've only listened through it twice, so maybe don't listen to me. But in my opinion it's better than Humanz, but still not a great album. Maybe a 6.5/10 for me so far, but knowing myself it will probably go up as I listen to it more. The whole album is just a little bit too chill for my liking, I prefer their more funkrocky stuff better.

Favorite song is Kansas, Humility is also great.
One Percent, Idaho, and Souk Eye are so goooood tho

sorry was listening to scorpion

Drake disgraced MJ

i may be being dramatic but this feels like easily his worst album. no standout tracks and the singles dont even have much replay for me

Bacon wrote:
Opinions on The Now Now?
An improvement over Humanz (which wasn’t hard to do) and they brought some interesting Disco and dance elements which worked well with Damon’s vision for this album. I think that not having so many collaborations like the last effort definitely helped this album as well.

At the moment the standout tracks for me are Hollywood, Humility, and Souk Eye.

2 new Gambino tracks

Jumpsuit by 21 Pilots is amazing. Easily one of the best mainstream artists out there.