Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
DHOPW42 wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 6:12 am
After around 120 hours of play hours (hey, there's a pandemic going on!) I finished Breath of the Wild on the Switch, and I feel empty now. I finished all the side quests, found all the shrines (I may have looked into online walkthroughs), all the outfits... it was an amazing experience. The Zelda games and Nintendo in general are so great at balancing a serious story with silly fun; in my eyes, this is what a great game should be. I'm looking forward to its sequel, I actually can't wait for it. Until then, DLC maybe, and I really have to get my hands on that Link's Awakening remake...
Definitely do the DLC. If Breath of the Wild is a game you just want to live in, get the DLC. It was an excuse for me to put in another 50 hours — not that the DLC is that long, but rather it inspired me to explore every corner.

I also recently decided to check out Immortals Feynx Rising, and tho it is a BotW clone in a lot of respects, it has very satisfying combat and a mostly stunning open world.

TeddyBlass wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 1:49 pm
Definitely do the DLC. If Breath of the Wild is a game you just want to live in, get the DLC. It was an excuse for me to put in another 50 hours — not that the DLC is that long, but rather it inspired me to explore every corner.
Thanks for the tip, I will definitely get the DLC sooner or later!

I want to love BotW so much, but the weapon system really hinders that for me. I feel like the majority of my time is spent looking for weapons as they always break super quickly. IMO, it's a terrible system that slows progress. Because of this, I'm also terrified of coming across an enemy that will rock my shit, thus hindering my exploration of the world a bit.

The quest system is also annoyingly vague. I hate that I'm constantly having to look up walkthroughs to complete quests.

A stunning game in many regards, but feels ruthless to new players or someone who isn't accustomed to Zelda games.

ChristNolan wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 11:11 am
I want to love BotW so much, but the weapon system really hinders that for me. I feel like the majority of my time is spent looking for weapons as they always break super quickly. IMO, it's a terrible system that slows progress. Because of this, I'm also terrified of coming across an enemy that will rock my shit, thus hindering my exploration of the world a bit.
At first the weapon system felt weird, and I was a bit of afraid of it, but then it never really gave me much headache, to be honest. I never ran out of new weapons, and it felt like the damage output of new weapons always scaled to my supposed "level". The only downside to this is that I could never get attached to a single weapon, but maybe this was the actual purpose of the developers. And, as I said, there were maaaany, many weapons that I could come by at every corner really, so this whole cycle of finding a weapon, breaking it and then finding a replacement was really self-sustaining after a while :D

I just bought Mortal Kombat 1, since it was on sale, because playing MK Mobile for the past half year made me want to buy Mk11 for some reason.

Also been playing Mass Effect: Andromeda and Injustice 2. For ME:A, i'm enjoying the combat and driving around undisturbed, other than that i'm not really into the exploration. And as for Injustice 2, the more i'm learning about the combat the more i enjoy it; and Starfire is pretty op.

Oh how I wish we got an Arkham-style game set in the world of the trilogy. But this works too ;)

I play Overwatch, we play it with friends. Playing with a group is even more entertaining. Plus I found boosting service at https://overboost.pro/overwatch-boosting to achieve all in-game goals.The booster helps me enhance performance during the battle and I don’t need to worry about the lack of skills or savvy allies who always try to steal my kills or loot.

Just completed "Mass Effect Legendary Edition" and now I'm gonna be rewatching this for quite a while:

I just finished the Link's Awakening remake on the Switch... such a great and beautifully simple game. The music is unforgettable, the new graphics looked amazing, I don't need anything for a good time. This made me realize that the Zelda-franchise might be my absolute favorite video game franchise, and I can't wait to get my hand on all the Zelda games I've never played - fortunately, there are many of those. I understand that Skyward Sword is somewhat controversial because of its controls, but I really, really want to buy the HD version for the Switch now.