Tenet - Awards Season Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
:wtf:

The best logo to open a film is Paramount. And that has been my opinion since I saw The Godfather.

Jennifer Lame has never been nominated for an Academy Award, and it makes no sense, btw.
Although, except fot Tenet being shamefully snubbed, the list is overall quite ok. Especially, it's nice in the director category, after Pawilowski, to see Vinterberg. Seems like those who vote in this category are the few people in Hollywood who watch films with subtitle. It shows that Parasite winning could happen again.

Shame! This movie came out at the wrong time. Imagining how it would’ve been received if COVID-19 wasn’t a thing makes me sad.

TENET should’ve dominated the technical awards - and to see Hoyte, Jennifer and Ludwig snubbed so hard is just disappointing.

This is a catastrophe

Tenet's performance this awards season has indeed been disappointing, and for me it especially hurts that Göransson didn't get in because I truly believe it was more deserving than all the other scores that got nominated (except for maybe Soul). But one weird way to look at the situation is to literally treat Tenet like a James Bond movie that Nolan made... and Bond movies aren't really known for racking up Oscar nominations. Skyfall was an exception, and was also the first time a Bond film had been nominated for Best Original Score since The Spy Who Loved Me in 1977. The vast majority of the time, Bond films are lucky to get one or two nominations, usually in Original Song, Visual Effects, or Production Design/Art Direction. At least Tenet was nominated in two of those categories and even seems to be the frontrunner to win Visual Effects.

So on the bright side, Tenet will likely become the third Nolan film to win the VFX Oscar out of four total nominations in that category, which is pretty cool I think.

im as used to seeing Nolan`s movies get snubbed at the oscars every time as im used to seeing Ferrari bin their chances at a WDC every year in f1, but THIS is absolute BULLSHIT, no love shown for Hoyte or Ludwig, and the fact that there was no campaign suggests that Nolan and WB are done, i hope they dont pull the same shit on Denis, if they do, fuck them.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
March 15th, 2021, 5:23 pm
im as used to seeing Nolan`s movies get snubbed at the oscars every time as im used to seeing Ferrari bin their chances at a WDC every year in f1, but THIS is absolute BULLSHIT, no love shown for Hoyte or Ludwig, and the fact that there was no campaign suggests that Nolan and WB are done, i hope they dont pull the same shit on Denis, if they do, fuck them.
This is truly shit. Hoyte and Ludwig 100% deserved to nominated. I don't think any movie score was as talked about as Ludwig's...it's an all-timer.

I still can’t believe WB would sabotage TENET’s Awards chances purposefully in spite of Nolan but if it’s truly a sign that WB and Nolan’s relationship is officially done, then I hope he comes back with a revenge film with another studio lol (pull a Diana revenge dress moment).

Nolan is such a classy guy but from interviews he seemed like he has this “Okay, I’ll show you how it’s done” kinda attitude sometimes. WB have been treating their filmmakers and talent like crap lately so it’s their loss.

I don't know, maybe I'm already overinterpretating things, but I have a feeling that because of what's happened, he will reconsider and maybe revalue his position in the industry, and in some way, maybe his cinema will be impacted, I mean that he'll change his way of filmaking, his way of approaching things stilistically speaking etc...

But it's probably just me interpretating things :lol:

A Borges man wrote:
March 15th, 2021, 6:22 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
March 15th, 2021, 5:23 pm
This is truly shit. Hoyte and Ludwig 100% deserved to nominated. I don't think any movie score was as talked about as Ludwig's...it's an all-timer.
you know in the end i`ll refer back to a point i made some time ago, while it sucks that Nolan doesnt get the award love he very much deserves, he has something way better, the fact that we talk about his films, wether we like them or not, the ripples he generates throughout film and pop culture in general speak for themselves, louder than any awards really, i dont even remember what movies won the oscars a few years ago, but i even remember most shots and lines from Following, i dread the day i grow very old and have to hear the news of Chris eventually passing before me, but i`ll be something else to see how the world eventually sees him, in the same light that we see the masters form the past.