Tenet - Awards Season Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

Absolutely nothing...critics hate it, Nolan's P.R. is in the shit, and audiences don't seem to like it. Think about how difficult it was for Nolan to rack up Oscars when he has got support from critics and audiences (looking at Memento, Dark Knight, Inception, Dunkirk).

Soundtrack and visual effects could get nom? Not much more to hope though. Maybe a nom for best song too, that category doesn't really make sense anyway (I mean comparing a song in a movie and in the credits doesn't make sense to me, the constraints are completely different.)

The only goodwill going for Tenet is that the industry will respect and appreciate Nolan using Tenet as a sacrificial lamb to try to help movie theaters. But no, it might land a couple tech nominations but I doubt even those.

-Vader

A Borges man wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 7:47 pm
Absolutely nothing...critics hate it, Nolan's P.R. is in the shit, and audiences don't seem to like it. Think about how difficult it was for Nolan to rack up Oscars when he has got support from critics and audiences (looking at Memento, Dark Knight, Inception, Dunkirk).
I think that’s a bit exaggerated. A noticeable amount of people seem to have mixed feelings about it but there are many others who like it. More mixed reactions, at least in my opinion, are what Batman V Superman got (or Constantine might be a better fit). In this case, some people might be seeing it that way because it's Nolan perhaps?

Original screenplay? Or it doesn't seem likely for anyone? I’ve seen it being brought up in some lists in that category.

Mostly cinematography and other technical aspects is what a lot of people consider as possible nominations at the most though from what I’ve read.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 9:42 pm
Original screenplay? Or it doesn't seem likely for anyone? I’ve seen it being brought up in some lists in that category.

Mostly cinematography and other technical aspects is what a lot of people consider as possible nominations at the most though from what I’ve read.
I would be absolutely shocked if it got a Screenplay nom.

TENET is ahead of time. Give a sh*t about awards.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 9:34 pm
A Borges man wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 7:47 pm
I think that’s a bit exaggerated. A noticeable amount of people seem to have mixed feelings about it but there are many others who like it. More mixed reactions, at least in my opinion, are what Batman V Superman got (or Constantine might be a better fit). In this case, some people might be seeing it that way because it's Nolan perhaps?
I'm being a negative nancy...Honestly, if I'm not being a shit: Cinematography, editing, score, song are all pretty good bets. I would laugh hysterically if it got sound.