Tenet - Awards Season Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MMatt wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 11:40 am
Demoph wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 7:10 am
FYI. WB's official awards campaign for Tenet.

http://www.wbawards.com/film/?film=tenet
The fact that they put up Michael Caine for Best Supporting Actor consideration is hilarious :lol:
It makes me think that WB knows something that we don't.

I wouldn't mind if even during a regular seasonal run that it was heavily considered for Editing, Cinematography, Score, and Production Design. Despite the dialogue backlash, I love everything else about it being considered for Sound.

Lastly, Nolan's craft of the mechanics within the plot is insane to me, and should be considered when it comes to Original Screenplay. I'm not saying it deserves a nomination, not at all (it doesn't deserve it, in fact). I'm just saying I hope that the Academy doesn't only look at dialogue when it comes to screenplay.

"I'm just saying I hope that the Academy doesn't only look at dialogue when it comes to screenplay."

I think that is exactly what they do :(

Caine has a better chance at winning Best Actress than Tenet has at a nomination for best original screenplay.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 3:12 pm
Caine has a better chance at winning Best Actress than Tenet has at a nomination for best original screenplay.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 3:12 pm

-Vader
If what constitutes as getting a nomination to "original screenplay" is, in a considerable sense, mostly dialogue then perhaps writing has become a very narrow form of art in cinema appreciation. For example, the quote "including my son", is it such an indelible problem one can have with the film in terms of overall screenplay merit? As a whole, does it turn outstandingly less refined due to that? Overdramatic if you ask me.
Now, if there are other issues in many parts of the script that amass to not deserve said consideration, that might be more understandable.

Anyway, even if it doesn't get a nomination (probably won’t), it doesn't make it less original, new, inventive or whatever. It happens and that’s that. There will be other movies for him to come up with which could end up delighting a wider range of people.

bold prediction here, but if Tenet lands any nominations at all, i would wager for best original score, i reckon it has a good chance there, then maybe a cinematography nod, business as usual with a Nolan joint at the oscars.

From Alliance of Women Film Journalists it won "Most Egregious Age Difference Between the Leading Man and the Love Interest", while Nolan was awarded the "Hall of Shame" award "For insisting that TENET be screened exclusively in theaters during a pandemic."

It also won the "Most Disappointing Film" from Oklahoma Film Critics Circle Awards.

I :lol:

History will be kind to it though, seen this before..

Robin wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 11:22 am
From Alliance of Women Film Journalists it won "Most Egregious Age Difference Between the Leading Man and the Love Interest"
There is less than a two years age difference between JDW and RP...
Also critics awarding worst film of the year awards in order to make buzz win my all of shame award.

Robin wrote:
From Alliance of Women Film Journalists it won "Most Egregious Age Difference Between the Leading Man and the Love Interest", while Nolan was awarded the "Hall of Shame" award "For insisting that TENET be screened exclusively in theaters during a pandemic."

It also won the "Most Disappointing Film" from Oklahoma Film Critics Circle Awards.

Over Mank, reallly? :eh:
Most Egregious Lovers’ Age Difference Award
“The Burnt Orange Heresy” (Sony Pictures Classics) – Elizabeth Debicki and Claes Bang (23 years)
“Devil All the Time” (Netflix) – Riley Keough and Jason Clarke (20 years)
“Mank” – Amanda Seyfried and Charles Dance (39 years), Gary Oldman (27 years)
“Tenet” – Elizabeth Debicki and Kenneth Branagh (30 years) – WINNER
Gosh, they basically are comparing Nolan to sexual abusers :facepalm:
AWFJ Hall of Shame Award
Shia LeBoeuf for his ongoing abusive behavior
Christopher Nolan for insisting that “Tenet” be screened exclusively in theaters during a pandemic. – WINNER (tie)
Dallas Sonnier and Adam Donaghey at Cinestate for sexual harassment, abuse and cover-up. – WINNER (tie)

natalie wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 12:40 pm
Robin wrote:

Over Mank, reallly? :eh:
Most Egregious Lovers’ Age Difference Award
“The Burnt Orange Heresy” (Sony Pictures Classics) – Elizabeth Debicki and Claes Bang (23 years)
“Devil All the Time” (Netflix) – Riley Keough and Jason Clarke (20 years)
“Mank” – Amanda Seyfried and Charles Dance (39 years), Gary Oldman (27 years)
“Tenet” – Elizabeth Debicki and Kenneth Branagh (30 years) – WINNER
Gosh, they basically are comparing Nolan to sexual abusers :facepalm:
AWFJ Hall of Shame Award
Shia LeBoeuf for his ongoing abusive behavior
Christopher Nolan for insisting that “Tenet” be screened exclusively in theaters during a pandemic. – WINNER (tie)
Dallas Sonnier and Adam Donaghey at Cinestate for sexual harassment, abuse and cover-up. – WINNER (tie)
Are these awards really a thing? Haha. Seems more like a comedy gold meme.