Tenet - Awards Season Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
A Borges man wrote:
March 14th, 2021, 10:47 pm
bootsy wrote:
March 14th, 2021, 10:35 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
March 12th, 2021, 11:28 pm
The prospect of Hoyte not getting a nod pisses me off, im also a bit confused by all the cinematography clout Nomadland is getting, maybe i really need to see it, but form what the promotional material shows me, it looks, good, not really astonishing though.
I'm confused about the clout Nomadland is getting altogether. It's an ok movie that I probably will never watch again.
Frankly, Nomadland is the only movie on awards season cinematography lists that deserve to be in the running. The general list seems to be: Nomadland, Mank, Trail of the Chicago Seven, Cherry, News at the end of the world, and Ma Rainey's.

And out of those, I've seen all but Cherry. Nomadland, from a Cinematography level, is the real deal. Tenet not even getting a nom is bullshit.
It's fine I guess. It's an Oscar type movie so I'm not going to complain too much. I just didn't care for the movie overall.

bootsy wrote:
March 14th, 2021, 10:54 pm
A Borges man wrote:
March 14th, 2021, 10:47 pm
bootsy wrote:
March 14th, 2021, 10:35 pm

I'm confused about the clout Nomadland is getting altogether. It's an ok movie that I probably will never watch again.
Frankly, Nomadland is the only movie on awards season cinematography lists that deserve to be in the running. The general list seems to be: Nomadland, Mank, Trail of the Chicago Seven, Cherry, News at the end of the world, and Ma Rainey's.

And out of those, I've seen all but Cherry. Nomadland, from a Cinematography level, is the real deal. Tenet not even getting a nom is bullshit.
It's fine I guess. It's an Oscar type movie so I'm not going to complain too much. I just didn't care for the movie overall.
That's fine. It's very much the golden hour wanna-be Mallick vibe...which I am always a sucker for. I prefer it to the other oscar type movies that will get nominated this year, so it's the best of the oscary movies.

If I had to choose the nominations I'd go: Tenet, Minari, Nomadland, The Invisible Man, and maybe Da 5 bloods. If had the urge to put Emma on there, but I think that is more of production design marvel than cinematography.

In terms of cinematography, for me the best of 2020 (and I'm not counting Nomadland or Minari or whatever 2021 movie) were: Mank, The Invisible Man, Da 5 Bloods, Emma and Vivarium. I wasn't too big on Tenet's cinematography all the way back to the trailers.

No nom for Göransson :(

Best Production Design
“The Father”
“Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”
“Mank”
“News of the World”
“Tenet”

Best Visual Effects
“Love and Monsters”
“The Midnight Sky”
“Mulan”
“The One and Only Ivan”
“Tenet”

So production design and Visual effects...
Hard to get in when you don't campaign.

would love to know what the fuck is going on between nolan and WB right now

Whatever happens between them, can't wait for a Nolan film to open with this :
or this

I would feel kinda bad seeing a nolan movie without the wb logo at the opening credit tbh. I think it's dope.

Tenet not being nominated for Best Soundtrack is ridiculous.