Tenet - Awards Season Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

No ACE nomination either.

The day Nolan starts receiving awards will be the day his work starts declining in quality and originality. I for one am pretty pleased Tenet hasn’t gotten anything

The prospect of Hoyte not getting a nod pisses me off, im also a bit confused by all the cinematography clout Nomadland is getting, maybe i really need to see it, but form what the promotional material shows me, it looks, good, not really astonishing though.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
March 13th, 2021, 2:45 am
I hope its not about Nolan's comments on HBOmax and just WB being too lazy to give a damn; I wanted his great team to get recognized for their work :cry:

WB putting Nolan in their list alongside Snyder and Villeneuve:

Nicolaslabra wrote:
March 12th, 2021, 11:28 pm
The prospect of Hoyte not getting a nod pisses me off, im also a bit confused by all the cinematography clout Nomadland is getting, maybe i really need to see it, but form what the promotional material shows me, it looks, good, not really astonishing though.
I'm confused about the clout Nomadland is getting altogether. It's an ok movie that I probably will never watch again.

bootsy wrote:
March 14th, 2021, 10:35 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
I'm confused about the clout Nomadland is getting altogether. It's an ok movie that I probably will never watch again.
Frankly, Nomadland is the only movie on awards season cinematography lists that deserve to be in the running. The general list seems to be: Nomadland, Mank, Trail of the Chicago Seven, Cherry, News at the end of the world, and Ma Rainey's.

And out of those, I've seen all but Cherry. Nomadland, from a Cinematography level, is the real deal. Tenet not even getting a nom is bullshit.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
It's good. Tenet still deserves to be nominated, as well as Nomadland.