Tenet - Awards Season Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
this all seems like a meme, wow, honestly, yikes haha

Wow congrats to Nolan for beating Shia Labeaoufxzc or whatever his name is.

So looking at various Oscar predictions online, we are currently looking at a few technical award nominations:

Highly likely:
-Cinematography
-Sound
-VFX

Possibly:
-Production Design
-Original Score
-Film Editing

Not a chance:
-Original Song
-Screenplay
-Director
-Best Picture

As for wins, probably VFX and Sound, the usual Nolan wins.

Guess Nolan will have to go back to under 50m budget films and write a coherent script if he really wants that Oscar :lol: (I know he doesn't care but I want him to win one T_T).

Maybe since no one could understand the film without subtitles, it could qualify as a foreign language film. I bet it would win the Oscar there!

KEM
I only care that it wins Best Original Score, it deserves it, there was no competition

I'd be overjoyed if it got in for score, cinematography would be a bonus. Very curious how the industry reacted to the movie overall.

-Vader

It's not Hoytema's best work with Nolan by any means but it is one of the more visually striking films this year. I think more than his other work it has ups and downs but really shines at times. I think this and Im thinking of ending things would be my favorites in the category this year.

Durden wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 4:58 pm
It's not Hoytema's best work with Nolan by any means but it is one of the more visually striking films this year. I think more than his other work it has ups and downs but really shines at times. I think this and Im thinking of ending things would be my favorites in the category this year.
Dunkirk is hard to match, but there are some great visuals especially in Eagle mountain. Italy is beautiful, but it's not that great an achievement to make Italy look beautiful...

I wonder how much Nolan was in control for the Blue/Red room stuff, since he has difficulties seeing colour. (kind of the opposite of Refn who sees much better with strong contrast, both of them having issue with their vision, yet being some of the most interesting visual storyteller in the business, which never ceases to amaze me).

Demoph wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 5:09 pm
Durden wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 4:58 pm
Dunkirk is hard to match, but there are some great visuals especially in Eagle mountain. Italy is beautiful, but it's not that great an achievement to make Italy look beautiful...

I wonder how much Nolan was in control for the Blue/Red room stuff, since he has difficulties seeing colour. (kind of the opposite of Refn who sees much better with strong contrast, both of them having issue with their vision, yet being some of the most interesting visual storyteller in the business, which never ceases to amaze me).
Chris`s sensibilities lie a lot more towards movement, Hoyte talked about this when talking about shooting IMAX and framing in a more visceral, less intelectual way, not being too concerned with rules of thirds and such, i think this is true of Pfister`s work with Chris too, but Hoyte`s framing breathes more than Pfister`s in my opinion, theres more head room in his compositions, and also the fact that he handholds it just makes me impartial towards him, i love handheld IMAX footage, the weight, momentum and depth of field, aaaand i went of in tangent like always FFS haha.

I feel people in the industry love Ludwig Goransson. Gut feeling that it might get the Score nomination...