Tenet - Awards Season Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
i would not put cash on a cinematography nom

I bet Tenet will get Best Picture and at least two other awards

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:40 am
Im with you on this. Although it's a pretty film its the lesser of Hoyetmas work with Nolan. Dunkirk being the best. Interstellar has more ups and downs but man the color grade shines when it does work.

Durden wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 4:35 pm
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:40 am
Im with you on this. Although it's a pretty film its the lesser of Hoyetmas work with Nolan. Dunkirk being the best. Interstellar has more ups and downs but man the color grade shines when it does work.
With you fine gents on this. Tenet has a mercilessly cold, brutalist and even purposefully ugly look. It’s all grays and browns. I think Tenet could land a score nom, anything else seems generous.

-Vader

Cinematography isn’t just about colors though. Plus, this has to do with production design than with the cinematography itself. And keep in mind that Hoyte was snubbed with probably his most colorful film ever: AD ASTRA. His work on that film is awards worthy.

I truly hope voters see beyond the colors on this one. The reverse shots, the way they continue to use IMAX cameras like GoPros...

Oku
Love the film (as everyone probably knows) but I agree that if it receives zero noms I would be completely fine with that

Its ceiling is some tech noms.

I think score is the most probable nom, and the only one with an actual chance (Although not great) of winning.

Probable Nominations:
Best Picture
Best Editing
Best Cinematography
Best Score (Possible winner)
Best Sound
Best Visual Effects (Possible winner)
Best Production Design

Only thing I think it’ll get is visual, production and possibly score. Long shot at cinematography.