Tenet - Awards Season Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 9:36 pm
Sky007 wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 9:28 pm
Cinematography is best bet for a win.

sound mix/editing will be nominated, maybe win.

score, costumes, production design.

Nolan won't get a directing nom but he effing should.
Cinematography is a good bet, that and the fact that neither Deakins nor Lubezki have films this year haha.
There is no way they are going to give cinematography to anything other than MAnk, the academy loves a gimmick.

oh i totally forgot about Mank ! you are totally right !! well, at least a nod is a safe bet then, but Eric is totally winning that one.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 10:35 pm
oh i totally forgot about Mank ! you are totally right !! well, at least a nod is a safe bet then, but Eric is totally winning that one.
I'm gonna bet that it will be the oscar front runner...it'll be nominated for all the major and tech categories: picture, director, script, actor, actress, editing, cinematography, sound, score.

Could you fucking imagine, if the movie about the making (although untrue) of Citizen Kane won best picture? That would be insane and ludicrous. Love the Fincher, but they should have given him picture for The Social Network.

A Borges man wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 12:33 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
I'm gonna bet that it will be the oscar front runner...it'll be nominated for all the major and tech categories: picture, director, script, actor, actress, editing, cinematography, sound, score.

Could you fucking imagine, if the movie about the making (although untrue) of Citizen Kane won best picture? That would be insane and ludicrous. Love the Fincher, but they should have given him picture for The Social Network.
that`d be sort of like Leo`s oscar, they gave him the thing for the revenant but it wasnt really FOR the revenant in our hearts, so yeah i could see that happening with Fincher, and i totally feel you, i love loovee him, but judging from the critic`s reception, Social network was his oscar deserving piece, im even a big fan of TGWTDT, the only one i sleep on is Gone girl, cant bring myself to finish watching it for some reason, not that i think its bad, i cant really describe it.

Vader182 wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 5:55 pm
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 5:04 pm
A Borges man wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 8:31 am

You and me both...can't believe that guy is still a thing...
Not like Chris Stuckmann or so, who is more into the art of (us and non-us) filmmaking
ah yes, chris stuckman, connoisseur of film art. he and richard brody are birds of a feather!

-Vader
Well for a mainstream youtube critic, he is :D
Jahns doesn't even watch non-english language movies. Unless it's a Best Picture winner :lol: :facepalm:

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 1:37 am
A Borges man wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 12:33 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:

that`d be sort of like Leo`s oscar, they gave him the thing for the revenant but it wasnt really FOR the revenant in our hearts, so yeah i could see that happening with Fincher, and i totally feel you, i love loovee him, but judging from the critic`s reception, Social network was his oscar deserving piece, im even a big fan of TGWTDT, the only one i sleep on is Gone girl, cant bring myself to finish watching it for some reason, not that i think its bad, i cant really describe it.
I think TGWTDT is good fun, not his best but it's a good time. I also haven't rewatched Gone girl...it is very well made, but something about it...I dunno. I always had the feeling that there was a more abstract, vicious movie in there. I don't even mean that the movie isn't dark, or violent. I just think they let Affleck's character off the hook, they should have made Pike and Affleck equally manipulative and demented, make our allegiances get tested and swing back and forth the whole movie. I honestly feel like Hitchcock, given a time-machine, would have made that thing really spicey. (This is not the Gone Girl thread, but whatever...the thread was created before any of award season has kicked in)

My most realistic nominations prediction for Tenet would be:

Most Likely:
Best Original Score
Best Cinematography
Best Sound Editing
Best Visual Effects

Most Probable:
Best Director
Best Editing
Best Sound Mixing

Nah:
Best Picture
Best Original Screenplay

Basically, it will be similar to Inception in terms of nominations but with less of the hype.

KEM
I just want it to win best score at least.

I can see this getting nominations for the technical categories

brickarts295 wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 3:18 pm
My most realistic nominations prediction for Tenet would be:

Most Likely:
Best Original Score
Best Cinematography
Best Sound Editing
Best Visual Effects

Most Probable:
Best Director
Best Editing
Best Sound Mixing

Nah:
Best Picture
Best Original Screenplay

Basically, it will be similar to Inception in terms of nominations but with less of the hype.
The academy consolidated sound mixing and sound editing into one category: Best Sound