Home Video Release - 4K/Blu-Ray/Digital/DVD

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Man, if it makes 100mil for home release, it'd be epic :gonf:

From BluRay.com
Tenet topped both the Blu-ray-only and overall packaged media charts for the fifth time in six weeks of release. Two weeks ago, Christopher Nolan's epic action-adventure was briefly dethroned by Paramount Home Media Distribution's Love and Monsters, which then slipped to second place last week as Tenet regained the top spot. This week, Tenet had an HD share of 70% and 25% of units sold were from the 4K UHD format.
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=28078

:clap:

My only complaint about the blu ray release is the fact that the special features are so short and superficial, feels like a total after thought, and it bothers me because of all of Nolan`s films this is the one i was more interested in seeing the process of creating it, Dunkirk`s and Interstellar`s special features are far better IMO, though they dont come close to the stuff they put in the special features of Fincher`s films, those truly feel like film masterclasses/workshops, its awesome to watch.

yay!

awesome

I will never not be amazed by how vast the scope of IMAX is

Wish Nolan would follow Snyder’s move and remaster his IMAX films and restore the IMAX to 1.43:1 just for the hell of it. It won’t be for everyone but some will appreciate it for sure.

Tarssauce wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 7:20 pm
Wish Nolan would follow Snyder’s move and remaster his IMAX films and restore the IMAX to 1.43:1 just for the hell of it. It won’t be for everyone but some will appreciate it for sure.
I agree, I do not understand the logic behind removing a large portion of the picture for the home video release, unless theatrical re-screenings of his movies give people the option to see them in their intended format to be nudged towards.

RrobynneUK wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 7:27 pm
I agree, I do not understand the logic behind removing a large portion of the picture for the home video release, unless theatrical re-screenings of his movies give people the option to see them in their intended format to be nudged towards.
To be honest, I still think cropping the IMAX scenes to 1.78:1 is a good compromise. It can give the viewer an immersive experience of filling their entire screen. Switching from 2.39:1 or 2.20:1 to 1.43:1 won’t do that. I was watching an episode of a recent TV show on a laptop and there was an IMAX like aspect ratio switch and I was so immersed I didn’t even notice it immediately but it was very effective.

But yeah having the option to see those sequences without any cropping would be amazing. I personally love the framing better in 1.43:1. Some say there’s too much headroom... doesn’t bother me. The IMAX sequences of the TDK trilogy looked incredible on my TV.

Man do i love the ungraded look of the emulsion, you cant make 70mm 15perf film look bad can you