Home Video Release - 4K/Blu-Ray/Digital/DVD

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
marshallmurphy wrote:
December 30th, 2020, 10:37 am
Got my Blu-ray yesterday and it looks so much better than the iTunes version! I usually purchase films on iTunes as well that way I can scan through them whenever I like. It's easier than popping in a disc. After seeing the Blu-ray though I don't even want to look at it on iTunes again. And the changing aspect ratio is beautiful. That part where they come out of the shipping container and the aspect ratio changes!! Wow.
I'm ehh on AR changes as you know, but man I really fear the day when physical media is gone gone gone. As long as it's an option, I'll always be going to it... but I'd rather get rid of theaters than I would physical media. Yes, it's that important to me. The quality alone is a massive reason for it.

KEM
I downloaded TENET in 4k Blu-ray and the SDR looks really good, no complaints from me

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
December 30th, 2020, 11:47 am
I'm ehh on AR changes as you know, but man I really fear the day when physical media is gone gone gone. As long as it's an option, I'll always be going to it... but I'd rather get rid of theaters than I would physical media. Yes, it's that important to me. The quality alone is a massive reason for it.
I've been collecting Blu-rays for about four or five years now, so I would also be devastated if physical media ever went away.

I can't stop watching the 4K. It is so gorgeous

Incredible film and incredible picture and sound on 4K HDR.

Fourth time I’ve seen the film (3 in cinema). Loved it first few times but watching it at home today, subtitles on :D , made it even better, one of my fave Nolan films. Insanely good picture, love the PS5 for 4K playback.

Picture quality is good as I expected, but is the audio mix BAD just for me or I'm not alone? I tried listening different Blu-ray rips, but they all sound the same for me - non-existent low end, especially the soundtrack.

spoileralert wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 1:31 pm
Picture quality is good as I expected, but is the audio mix BAD just for me or I'm not alone? I tried listening different Blu-ray rips, but they all sound the same for me - non-existent low end, especially the soundtrack.
The low-end of this movie is MASSIVE, most I've ever heard before from a film.

I don't know how rips work when it comes to decoding the DTS-HD MA track or what have you, but you also might be facing the same issues that an earlier poster was facing. Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=42292&start=140#p1249858

KEM
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 2:22 pm
spoileralert wrote:

I don't know how rips work when it comes to decoding the DTS-HD MA track or what have you, but you also might be facing the same issues that an earlier poster was facing. Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=42292&start=140#p1249858
Seriously, there’s literally 808s all over this film and they’re turned all the way up lol

KEM wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 2:32 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 2:22 pm
spoileralert wrote:

Seriously, there’s literally 808s all over this film and they’re turned all the way up lol
I know, right?

I just took a screencap of its waveform. The fourth one down is the LFE channel.

Yeah... the low end on this one is insane!

I hooked my subwoofer again for a test and it was so impressive.
There’s a moment I love in “Retrieving the Case” when the bass hits... probably the ‘bassiest’ point in the film.