What story would YOU create?

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Would love to hear what kind of story you guys would come up with using
inversion of time
There's so much potential I feel.

MorenoVL wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 8:23 am
inversion of time
I'm not answering your question, but this is what I like about Memento, Inception, and Tenet... they are movies where the thematic bit that's used has endless plot possibilities. I always wonder if what Nolan chose is the "best one there is to offer," or if someone could come up with a better one.

I've loved the visual of time reversal (Memento, Dr Strange). It all feels surreal and something that we don't see often. Tenet is the peak, to me, because you have people in the reverse timeline interacting with the forward. Beautiful and mind-bottling.

MorenoVL wrote:
inversion of time
Keeping the premise and players same..

i would expand the story strategically and internationally with contemporary relevance
('globe trotting' not just for the sake of capturing beautiful locations but for a meaning behind it)
and push further the boundaries of international co-operation

If we are in India i would involve the RAW, if next we go to the UK then the MI6, if US then CIA
and show how they are working together to combat global terrorism
with the help of the shared technology of time inversion

These 3 agencies are not only looking forward to the future but also to the past
in regard to change the fateful events of the past ..

say maybe fictionalized versions of 26/11 (2008 Mumbai attacks), 9/11 (US), 7/7 (UK), if involving real facts would be too controversial

some of these attempts work..some do not..
and every successful/failed attempt have obvious future implications which gives rise to new threats.. and one such threat is Sator..who got hold of the technology in the future due to compromises somewhere in these agencies down the line.

a lot of mind boggling stuff i would add here
(in Nolan's signature style) as to which success/failure of trying to change the past lead to which consequence in the future

and apart from this, the agencies are also communicating/exchanging information with the future to find out the imposter among them (who is responsible for the technology falling into Sator's hand)

It would also allow me an opportunity to thrown in a quick look at the institutional corruption, the internal bureaucratic mess, and fictionalized dark secrets of these intelligence agencies (something along the lines of The Dark Knight) which i would use to establish different conflicts and plot points

Sator's motive will be something related to writing and redefining history according to his own amends which will be supported by a surprise character arch to be revealed later. He is planning something huge in the future which if goes wrong will have the potential to destroy the entire world.

The mission objective will be not only to stop Sator but also undoing those fateful events of the past without causing any disastrous consequence for the future other than Sator

but is it possible to achieve the perfect balance and create a threat free ..peaceful future world..?
If peace is established and no new threats emerge.. these very agencies would run out of purpose or are these agencies themselves commissioning these threats?

meanwhile i would refrain from establishing the background of the 3 characters (JDW, Rob and Dimple Kapadia) to keep the layer of secrecy and mystery intact ..as for which organization they represent or are they rouge or who is from the future and who belongs to the present..etc etc

and honestly i would be do away with this troubled wife s**t
and using sons and daughters for motivation

will give Debicki a different and more empowered motive ..
although i might keep her as Sator's wife

666kalpa wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 5:25 am
MorenoVL wrote:
inversion of time
Keeping the premise and players same..

i would expand the story strategically and internationally with contemporary relevance
('globe trotting' not just for the sake of capturing beautiful locations but for a meaning behind it)
and push further the boundaries of international co-operation

If we are in India i would involve the RAW, if next we go to the UK then the MI6, if US then CIA
and show how they are working together to combat global terrorism
with the help of the shared technology of time inversion

These 3 agencies are not only looking forward to the future but also to the past
in regard to change the fateful events of the past ..

say maybe fictionalized versions of 26/11 (2008 Mumbai attacks), 9/11 (US), 7/7 (UK), if involving real facts would be too controversial

some of these attempts work..some do not..
and every successful/failed attempt have obvious future implications which gives rise to new threats.. and one such threat is Sator..who got hold of the technology in the future due to compromises somewhere in these agencies down the line.

a lot of mind boggling stuff i would add here
(in Nolan's signature style) as to which success/failure of trying to change the past lead to which consequence in the future

and apart from this, the agencies are also communicating/exchanging information with the future to find out the imposter among them (who is responsible for the technology falling into Sator's hand)

It would also allow me an opportunity to thrown in a quick look at the institutional corruption, the internal bureaucratic mess, and fictionalized dark secrets of these intelligence agencies (something along the lines of The Dark Knight) which i would use to establish different conflicts and plot points

Sator's motive will be something related to writing and redefining history according to his own amends which will be supported by a surprise character arch to be revealed later. He is planning something huge in the future which if goes wrong will have the potential to destroy the entire world.

The mission objective will be not only to stop Sator but also undoing those fateful events of the past without causing any disastrous consequence for the future other than Sator

but is it possible to achieve the perfect balance and create a threat free ..peaceful future world..?
If peace is established and no new threats emerge.. these very agencies would run out of purpose or are these agencies themselves commissioning these threats?

meanwhile i would refrain from establishing the background of the 3 characters (JDW, Rob and Dimple Kapadia) to keep the layer of secrecy and mystery intact ..as for which organization they represent or are they rouge or who is from the future and who belongs to the present..etc etc

and honestly i would be do away with this troubled wife s**t
and using sons and daughters for motivation

will give Debicki a different and more empowered motive ..
although i might keep her as Sator's wife
LOVE your ideas man! Would be cool to try and figure out who is the mole in the organisations and trying to undo or stop certain historical events. Great thinking!