Your favorite scenes [SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I think now that a lot of people are able to see the film we can discuss our favorite scenes.

Mine is by far
the one in the red/blue chamber where Kat is shot in reverse.
I was just in complete awe at what was happening on screen with the backwards talking and acting and of course the stakes in that scene. And it got even better when we saw that same scene again but from Sators side.
After all the small teases throughout the fist half of the movie it was the first time where things went completly crazy and you could literally feel the "WOW" in the cinema.

The scene with Caine (so funny about English customs); the restaurant scene with Debicki and JDW; JDW meeting Sator ("That's how you treat all your guests?");the last exchange between JDW and Sator over the phone, Debicki jumping, last exchange between JDW and Pattinson.

My favorite scene is when
the Protagonist and Neil are saying their final goodbyes, and you can just tell the emotion is there, in that typical stiff upper lip sort of way. Like true longing in their eyes, when you know Neil’s life is about to end. So I really loved it when that initial cold facade of their relationship was lifted when both took a leap of faith, stepped forward and had a 10 minute make out session. Nolan really showed how progressive and forward thinking he really is with that scene.

It also put the Neil is Max idea to rest, since I don’t think the Protagonist would be into that sort of thing, you know.

Just saw this again, and my favorite scene is
the Protagonist asking the waiter to pack his meal for him to take out

Ruth wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 4:51 pm
That entire scene is one of Nolan's best comedy bits. JDW meeting Branagh is also lots of fun, in a different way. In a way Branagh is so over the top throughout the film, that he is almost a comedy character. Nolan and Branagh captured quite well how toxic masculinity is both terrifying and ridiculous.

1.plane crash+reverse fight sequences
2.Red room-Blue room
3.the beginning and the end of friendship

The three shot in the russian desert. The guys did it. The rescued the world. For now. It looks so friggin badass. Neill telling JDW that they are good friends and they are up to many future adventures, while JDW is about to cry. And the whole thing underlined with Göranssons "The Protagonist". Goosebumps!

Second favorite scene is at the beginning. The train tracks scene! It's visually stunning and the atmosphere reminds me on Tarkovskys Stalker. Gritty and terrifying.

Demoph wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 5:00 pm
Ruth wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 4:51 pm
That entire scene is one of Nolan's best comedy bits. JDW meeting Branagh is also lots of fun, in a different way. In a way Branagh is so over the top throughout the film, that he is almost a comedy character. Nolan and Branagh captured quite well how toxic masculinity is both terrifying and ridiculous.
JDW has pretty great comedic timing, so his responses to Branagh (the “no, not yet” to Sator asking about him sleeping with his wife, or “no balls in the throat?” as he holds the protag at gunpoint) only highlight the sheer absurdity of Sator

I love the silly smile on her face when takes Kat to the yacht on his boat. One of my favorite moments.

So far, not in any order:
1) Sir Michael, enough said.
2) Explaination scene by Laura. It was much better than the trailer.
3) Sator confronting Kat about her murder attempt on him. Intense shit.
4) Sator beating up Kat.
5) Sator interrogating JDW about the Algorithm part, and also seeing the mechanism of inverting human with the turnstile for the first time with Sator. My brains got fried.