Your favorite scenes [SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ending:
On the first watch, I didn't appreciate the final moments between Neil and P.

On the rewatch, throughout the film I caught subtleties from Neil indicating that he was harboring some emotion that he couldn't believe he was talking to P before Posterity was founded. Neil's buildup of gradual 'divided knowledge' mixed with the subtle delivery of concealing emotion toward the end scene was so graceful. Once I heard "For me, I think it’s the end of a beautiful friendship.", I almost teared up. Pattinson did a phenomenal job

The airplane sequence (fight included) is absolutely brilliant both ways. It's hard for me to decide which way is better, but both are amazing. The car chase is not exactly the same tempo and rythm as in TDK, for example, but I love it as well - the music especially is growing on me.

My favorite scene, or sequence actually, is
the Freeport (first one).

It starts with Kat explaining things to JDW in London, then it intercuts with JDW and Neil in Oslo, next there's Neil's reconnaissance (the moment when all the sounds get muffled and music roars from the speakers is wonderful), great one-shot when they meet Mahir, followed by 747 (music again! and I love the "en face" shot of 747 plowing through light poles on its way - you could feel the enormousness of the plane) and as the climax - the corridor fight.
All of that - it's just pure cinema.

The whole Oslo #2 sequence is becoming one of my favourites. Shame there isnt a score released for that part.

When it comes to perfect combination of score and picture the best sequence for me is definitely the Wheeler briefing/getting ready to step out of airlock...when that scene hits the “give me the reader” part...goosebumps all over! That whole build up before he goes out of the airlock is so well done. Thank god we have film version of that track on the score (“Inversion”)

Neil and protagonist last goodbye. Also that fire truck/car chase and kat gets shot scene, and saving kat during the plane crash part.

I love the kind of creepy factor to the: "It's not Estonian. It's backwards." Followed by the dash shot of the black car screeching from far away in reverse. It's almost like "Shit is about to go down!"

Also the shot of the firetruck merging on the freeway when "Trucks in Place" starts ramping up.

the whole sequence where "Retrieving the Case" is playing in the background. it's one of those memorable Nolan sequence

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 12:20 am
I love the kind of creepy factor to the: "It's not Estonian. It's backwards." Followed by the dash shot of the black car screeching from far away in reverse. It's almost like "Shit is about to go down!"

Also the shot of the firetruck merging on the freeway when "Trucks in Place" starts ramping up.
:twothumbsup:

I'm gonna second the final moment between RPAtt and JDW.

I'm a huge fan of the opening scene, all the set pieces really. The car chase/algorithum/ red room blue room parts of the movie are a real brain bender...it is the part I think most people having difficult with and to me its why the movie earns its place amongst some of the all time brain benders.

But, maybe not the most popular part. I think overall....my favorite scenes is the battle scene at the end...after a third watch it all clicked into place. The moment that wheeler gets back into the blue locker, and the way the music got epic is a small moment that sticks in my brain.