Tenet NFometer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
CASE wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 11:02 pm
After my second viewing (damn it's so better experience) it's 8/10. More viewings are coming, still need to process some things but this would be my final score.

My problem is that I'm too much excited about every new Nolan film. Not that I have too much expectations and movie doesn't live up to them. My mind is just in such a stupid state, I'm so thrilled, I don't know...
First time I was like two or tree steps behind the plot I was constantly catching up and I still knew that the story isn't THAT complicated, I felt like a moron - not great experience.
When you have a big picture it doesn't seem too much rushed at all. Sator isn't that bad (altough I do think that maybe two scenes were "too much"). But I still think in the third act there is a little too much talking (not expositions), for example from
the farewell scene
you could put something out I think.

And I'm wondering if some "people left the theatre before the end" meter wouldn't be needed :P
I've counted two for now.

In Nolan I trust.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I guess the experience has been quite something considering how people have had very different responses to Tenet. Interesting indeed. I wonder if Nolan thought it could end up being like that or similar but wanted to keep taking risks as always and challenge the audience.

Uno
Watched it three times now! My final score is 9/10 :thumbup:

7.5/10

9/10 for now. Will be seeing it again ASAP

Forum Pro
Law
8.5 for now. This is a movie you simply have to see over and over again.

KEM
Saw it for the first time today, seeing it again tomorrow and Wednesday, after I’ve had time to process it I’ll give my final rating!!

9/10

9/10 for me...need another viewing. One of the wildest rides i've ever been a part of

Frankly amazed at the reactions here. Really hope I am among you. This is what a friend said who saw it tonight at the IMAX I'm going to on Thursday:

"I have no idea what the characters were trying to do on a basic level, scene to scene. It's like a heist movie where they never explain what they're stealing, why they're stealing it, or what the plan is... except it also spends a lot of time supposedly trying to sell you what they're stealing, why they're stealing it, and what the plan is. It's either Nolan's worst movie or in the top 3. I have no idea."

He barely heard the dialogue half the time, I guess.

-Vader
Last edited by Vader182 on September 1st, 2020, 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

^ yeah, that is my biggest complaint with this movie. I wasn't invested enough in the setup of the whole mission they were involved in. Inception did that much better.