Tenet NFometer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
My goodness what a ride, not a perfect film but it is a perfect movie theater experience. A tremendously ambitious piece of work by Nolan, it was as if WB told him, "here's $200 million, do whatever you want"
- 9/10

love how my score set the trend for the other vet scores :oops:

Ruth wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 8:40 am
love how my score set the trend for the other vet scores :oops:

-Vader

Interesting developments :think:

I see it tomorrow.

7 out of 10 for me

After sleeping on it, 8/10 from me.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 3:56 pm

-Vader
I know it’s only one viewing and all but is this on the lower end of Nolan’s filmography for you?

I dunno when I’m gonna see it.

Definitely low-tier Nolan. Probably lowest besides Insomnia and Following, but it's not far from Batman Begins and Prestige (which I liked less than normal on this recent rewatch) for me. I could see it moving up over time or staying put.

It is a bizarre motion picture. I wouldn't say Nolan has contempt for the audience, but I would point out Nolan made this a willfully difficult movie to invest in.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 3:56 pm

-Vader
Downgrade?

I don’t want to know much else but I observed from the trailers there was no emotional through line sold like Nolan’s earlier film trailers, is that the case in the film itself? To me, that’s what really made Inception next level and my favorite Nolan, it was the genius originality and action along with that emotion.