Tenet NFometer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Saw it for the second time yesterday! Hoping to get in a third, but probably not next weekend. :cry:

9/10 from me. :gonf:

Second time everything just falls into place. I may be in the minority but I really feel the films emotional pull with Debeckis arch and the relationship with Neil and the protagonist. Wasnt huge on Ludwigs music but after playing the soundtrack while driving this week it really is great. Betrayal is my favorite track. This film may be flawed but I love it.

Durden wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 2:49 pm
Second time everything just falls into place. I may be in the minority but I really feel the films emotional pull with Debeckis arch and the relationship with Neil and the protagonist. Wasnt huge on Ludwigs music but after playing the soundtrack while driving this week it really is great. Betrayal is my favorite track. This film may be flawed but I love it.
Probably all films have flaws. Some people may have divisive thoughts about the movie now but it might change in the future like it has happened with other films. The Prestige was positive but still divisive among certain people at the time although in the present you see how it has grown. Now, if it doesn’t change even after some time for Tenet then you can still love it because you have preferences and there’s nothing wrong with that. Nolan attempts to make great films at every chance he gets but it won’t work for everybody or he won’t achieve it despite trying (they might still be good or decent for some though). I feel some people here wanted so hard for this film to be in some sort of "top 5 Nolan list" but that’s not a requirement and it doesn’t have to be in order for them to like it. Of course they can dislike it as well and it’s fine.

We’ll see how Tenet is assessed in the future. For now, the film is having a positive reception even if it’s not like his other films. Hopefully it won’t get worst.

me rn

Forum Pro
Law
Durden wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 2:49 pm
Betrayal is Ludwig's 528491. I understand Debecki's arch a lot better on my 2nd viewing as well, which made me connect a little more with it. Neil and The Protagonist have a great relationship, I just wish we got some flashbacks to them working together.

7/10 Seen it twice. For me it's probably Nolan's most flawed film. It almost didn't work for me until somewhere along the second half. It's just so overstuffed with plot and exposition, and it's time mechanics never felt fully explained, which made the movie even less comprehensible. There's so much talk about audio issues and inability to hear dialogue, but I think the larger issue is the script. It's just not a well written film, imo. I think Nolan got too caught up in the mechanics and forgot about telling a story.
Last edited by stanley on September 13th, 2020, 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

7/10
Like it. Do not love it.
I agree the story is incomprehensible on first viewing. Not like on a logic level because I think the whole film has logic holes but more you dont know what characters motivations are or what the stakes are

The music is between Zimmer and Julyan. Again I like it, dont love it. The editing is one of the most flawed parts. Lots of weird, weird choices like playing ACTION music for the boat scene

Protagonist is less interesting than Neil...And Kat's relationship with the Protagonist doesnt really make sense to me. The bromance should have been the emotional core

Dialogue and acting can be really spotty, especially in the first third. The plot beats are a rushed over and artficial. Physical acting / grittiness is off, like its a action movie but Nolan is shy of showing deaths

That all said, theres of course tons to admire. The ambition, innovation, cinematography, music, fashion and Bmw's...it great for Hollywood, good for Nolan.

Image /10

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 1:32 am
Image /10
I'm honestly curious for your opinion, and I have no idea what that means :D

After sleeping on it, 9/10.

It's a movie about action movies, a Nolanized buddy flick, a commentary on heroism, and his most optimistic and pessimistic movie all at the same time.

I'll try to organize some form of thoughts in the User Reviews thread later today, but this movie is insanity.