Tenet NFometer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
A Borges man wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 5:02 pm
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 5:01 pm
geozou1 wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 4:24 pm
3/10 This is Nolan's worst film. I am extremely disappointed with this, it was extremely boring. Best part....Dune trailer, I was still thinking about that trailer during the film....
Damn, that’s harsh. :P Thanks for your opinion though. In a weird way, it makes me more excited for Tenet.
"More excited"...?
Very poor choice of words on my part :P Sorry

9/10 for me

At times the editing is a little clunky and moves very fast but the second half just doesn't let go. Relentless and very rewarding. It reminded me of The Handmaiden in the fact that the first act makes a lot more sense once things are revealed but feels a little aimless while watching it.
Last edited by Durden on September 2nd, 2020, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Durden wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 5:09 pm
9/10 for me
your hype is now my hype. I go tomorrow.

-Vader

After second viewing, I'm closer to 9.
God damn it, second viewing was so amazing, the structure of this movie is out of this world.
Please, update my score to 8,5.

Updated

good shit everyone. looking forward to my viewing on Saturday morning.

After my first viewing I would have said a 7 out of 10, but after a second viewing: 9 out of 10 for me.
I knock off a point because to me personally: maybe the characters could have been a bit more fleshed out. I miss the emotional reasonance like a Cobb in Inception.
I think I felt the same between first and second viewing on Dunkirk. I expected something which I didn't get, but once I fully embraced the movie, I start loving it! :gonf:

MorenoVL wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 2:52 am
After my first viewing I would have said a 7 out of 10, but after a second viewing: 9 out of 10 for me.
I knock off a point because to me personally: maybe the characters could have been a bit more fleshed out. I miss the emotional reasonance like a Cobb in Inception.
I think I felt the same between first and second viewing on Dunkirk. I expected something which I didn't get, but once I fully embraced the movie, I start loving it! :gonf:
After second viewing
emotional layer with Neil and JDW, and Kat and Max is more fleshed out. I think because of scope of a movie, and innovative ideas, people can't see this.

poplar wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 4:38 am
MorenoVL wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 2:52 am
After second viewing
emotional layer with Neil and JDW, and Kat and Max is more fleshed out. I think because of scope of a movie, and innovative ideas, people can't see this.
For me personally these 2 connections didn't resonate as much with me as Cobb and the situation with his wife did, but that's just my personal opinion.

8/10 for me

8/10 for me.