The Drive-In Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Feels like this might be a good separate place to discuss seeing this at drive-ins as opposed to IMAX and traditional cinemas.

So far what we know - the US drive-ins are getting it, with tickets already on sale even for the Aug 31 previews except in states/areas that have indoor cinemas closed (unfortunately for NY/CA) and only DCP venues

In the UK, there's three venues screening it:
- Nightflix in Colchester (DCP - from Aug 28)
- Nightflix in Newark (DCP from Aug 28)
- The Drive In Troubadour Meridian Water in London (LED screen from Aug 31)

Will be interesting to see about other countries, particularly those like UK where this is all a very new/pandemic-driven thing.

who else is going to drive-in to see this?

antovolk wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 5:53 pm
Vegas, here I come!

This.. data makes no sense!

Piracy won’t limited by not allowing some drive-ins from getting it!!!!! WTF Warner?

All the theaters near me are open, so I'm hoping that the drive-in near me gets this. They said they plan to but to ask them a week from today.

I want to risk nothing by going and seeing this and using my headphones/car speakers to watch this might reduce the issues people are having with the sound mixing.

quite obvious why - indoor venues in CA, NY etc will be *furious* at drive-ins/outdoor getting weeks (if not months) head start on the film. This is absolutely nothing to do with secrecy/spoilers.

And this comes just after...

It’s not like everyone is going to see it in drive-ins. This is ridiculous.

Cool, so hopefully that Sacramento-6 location will be showing Tenet by September 3rd, or whenever (even though I'm going before that to a Reno theater). Good to know I should have some fallback plan or local outlet for repeat viewings.

antovolk wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 6:45 pm
quite obvious why - indoor venues in CA, NY etc will be *furious* at drive-ins/outdoor getting weeks (if not months) head start on the film. This is absolutely nothing to do with secrecy/spoilers.

And this comes just after...
Makes sense. Regal, AMC etc in CA and NY would not be too happy