Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Okay, so all of our members who have already seen the film can discuss their thoughts here. No need to spoiler tag your entire posts, but OFC, spoiler tag the spoilery bits. If you want to have a full on discussion on spoilers, there's a separate thread for that.

We may or may not have another thread for user scores/ratings (if people want that), but you can drop them here as well if you already have one. :gonf:

i just got back from watching it.... Here are my thoughts
I don't know how I feel about it. The dialogue was so hard to understand in my session, it might have been the speakers but there were whole scenes where I couldn't understand a single line of dialogue. This might be the main reason why I don't fully understand the movie yet, but I am watching it twice more this weekend and hopefully can make out more of what they say.
The action was insane, and easily the best action Nolan has ever done ( also some of the best action ever put to screen).
The score was amazing as well.
Comparing this movie to Inception.... I feel like Inception had a more emotional core. This movie was intense and heart racing but I feel like it lacks the emotion that something like Inception has. I feel like with repeat viewings this movie will grow on me, as the first viewing you are literally just holding on to your seat trying to follow what's going on and what people are saying.

I do worry how general audiences will react to this movie.

KEM
Clowmount wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 10:22 pm
I don't know how I feel about it. The dialogue was so hard to understand in my session, it might have been the speakers but there were whole scenes where I couldn't understand a single line of dialogue. This might be the main reason why I don't fully understand the movie yet, but I am watching it twice more this weekend and hopefully can make out more of what they say.
The action was insane, and easily the best action Nolan has ever done ( also some of the best action ever put to screen).
Comparing this movie to Inception.... I feel like Inception had a more emotional core. This movie was intense and heart racing but I feel like it lacks the emotion that something like Inception has. I feel like with repeat viewings this movie will grow on me, as the first viewing you are literally just holding on to your seat trying to follow what's going on and what people are saying.

Tell me more about the score, how much actual orchestral elements were involved? Everything else we’ve heard from the prologue and trailers was almost all electronic

Clowmount wrote:

Thank you. Although that’s not really spoiler content. You could’ve left it without the spoiler tags I believe. Or what do others think?

Clowmount wrote:

I'd just like to know one thing:
Was the prologue any different from what we saw in December?

KEM wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 10:32 pm
Clowmount wrote:

Tell me more about the score, how much actual orchestral elements were involved? Everything else we’ve heard from the prologue and trailers was almost all electronic
What you've heard in trailer 2 and tv spots is what's in the movie. It is very electronic. There are orchestral elements, and more subtle and subdued pieces but overall it leans more towards electronic / a mix of the two. It is personally one of my favourite Nolan scores though, and fits the film perfectly.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 10:32 pm
Clowmount wrote:

Thank you. Although that’s not really spoiler content. You could’ve left it without the spoiler tags I believe. Or what do others think?
Yeah I just put spoilers just to be safe haha. But I guess people are in this thread for a reason :)

hotsauce32 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 10:33 pm
Clowmount wrote:

Prologue is 90% the same. There are extra shots added, and some of the cutting is different. The music is the same, except extended with the extra shots. The scene feels a lot less choppy in the final movie

Clowmount wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 10:40 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 10:33 pm
Clowmount wrote:

Prologue is 90% the same. There are extra shots added, and some of the cutting is different. The music is the same, except extended with the extra shots. The scene feels a lot less choppy in the final movie
What is your favorite action scene ? Laagna Road ?

Clowmount wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 10:40 pm
Thanks for the reply!
Clowmount wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 10:37 pm
What you've heard in trailer 2 and tv spots is what's in the movie. It is very electronic. There are orchestral elements, and more subtle and subdued pieces but overall it leans more towards electronic / a mix of the two. It is personally one of my favourite Nolan scores though, and fits the film perfectly.
For clarification, trailer 2 being the one in May, or the one last December? Only asking because there are semantics at play, some people are don't consider the Hobbs & Shaw teaser a trailer, and call the December trailer #1, and the May trailer #2.