Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Durden wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 4:17 pm
You seem like you have built this idea of what this film is based on other peoples opinions and reception instead of experiencing it for yourself. Perhaps the release swayed your'e opinion before even giving the content a fair chance. Does it have similar themes to his other films yes, but all of the directors we talk about consistently do the same in their films. Whatever opinions you have politically about the film should be set aside and the material deserves to be judged on its merit and not a release date. You might be surprised.
Probably true. Perhaps I have to get over myself a bit.

I mean, I loved and still love Inception, so if I can get even remotely the same sensation I did after that film, I'll be satisfied.

Cilogy wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 3:50 pm
Long overdue, but here are my thoughts on Tenet.
Well that’s a shame. Maybe you’ll give it a whirl one day, I’d be curious to see your thoughts on the film. It’s certainly an experience.

Cilogy wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 4:23 pm
Durden wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 4:17 pm
You seem like you have built this idea of what this film is based on other peoples opinions and reception instead of experiencing it for yourself. Perhaps the release swayed your'e opinion before even giving the content a fair chance. Does it have similar themes to his other films yes, but all of the directors we talk about consistently do the same in their films. Whatever opinions you have politically about the film should be set aside and the material deserves to be judged on its merit and not a release date. You might be surprised.
Probably true. Perhaps I have to get over myself a bit.

I mean, I loved and still love Inception, so if I can get even remotely the same sensation I did after that film, I'll be satisfied.
Yeah, I'm thinking there is a little bit of misguidedness here.

He may film some things the same way, but this plot really isn't anything like any of his others. That's not a "for better" kind of thing, it's just different is all. I actually laud him for making things that eventually should feel the same at times be just a bit different here and there, whenever he can.

As far as the theaters, I think he was threatened by their impending doom and really wanted to make sure they didn't go away for good. Given the protocols in theaters, honestly, nobody was in any more harm than a restaurant (and I really do mean that).

I have seen this movie in theaters five times, and the most people I've ever seen in there is twelve... the least I've seen is one (that's right, I was by myself once). I always wore two masks and had my jacket hoodie over my mouth, but I'll be frank... with the small crowds, I really didn't need any of it. With everyone being afraid of spreading something, no one ended up showing.

I bet I could ask 100 people on the street if they knew theaters were open and if they knew that Tenet was out, and I bet I'd get less than fifteen people saying yes to the former and maybe getting three people to say yes to the latter (most everyone would ask what Tenet even is). Unfortunately, I guess this kind of film didn't know what to market itself as, and people were just uncertain about what to do with it in the pandemic. In normal times, this film would've soared, especially upon repeat viewings.

And that's my last point I want to make... seeing this once unfortunately does not give it a fair assessment, for better or worse. It'll have to be seen twice anyway, and I bet if every critic on RT saw it a second time a couple of weeks later, at least half of the negatives would have turned positive. I seriously mean that.

lol that format

Just passing by to give an uptade, havent seen Tenet yet, im probably going to see it on Blu ray for the first time, im kind of excited to watch Nolan`s most "niche" film since The prestige.