Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Just seen 2nd time, even better, masterpiece...

Just a few Q still tho... anyone able to help please...
Why does Priya want to kill Kat? How does Sator end up with the algorithm during the motorway sequence? Why have they sometimes got masks on during inversion then sometimes not? Is it right Neil picks the lock in the chamber? I’m still not following the pattern of events for Neil unlocking the chamber door and being shot, when does this happen?
Thx

Impression after watching once and reading
Wow. Really bad for a Nolan film. Okay for a regular film.

Emotion is not there. The logic is not there. And to summarize it its like if someone mixed Primer, Predestination and Interstellars ending with Bond and Inception... Like wow, was anyone really surprised by the end? thats where this film falters, it ISNT a time manipulation story, its just a TIME TRAVEL film with all the Bs paradoxes and things weve seen before. Was anyone 'surprised' by the end? Nolan couldnt decide between localized time manipulation and straight up world inversion and he therefore didnt really nail the mechanics of either

Also cmon...a painting...out all the ways a serial abuser world ending rich oligarch could withhold a kid from his wife, the legal system over a fake painting is how? and dont get me started on the editing and the characters/character names

blackColumn wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 10:16 am
Slant Magazine ranking
11. lnception
10. Tenet
9. Dunkirk
8. Following
7. Batman Begins
6. Insomnia
5. The Dark Knight Rises
4. The Prestige
3. The Dark Knight Rises
2. Memento
1. lnterstellar

https://www.slantmagazine.com/film/rank ... to-best/2/

(wondering if any of those people who rate Insomnia low have experienced the sleep disorder?)
They gave interstellar 2/5 stars...the write ups are also super dismissive. Slant hates Nolan...also, this is a publication review, not a user review...

After second viewing.
How this movie is constructed is out this world. This will age as wine.

poplar wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 7:47 pm
After second viewing.
How this movie is constructed is out this world. This will age as wine.
What do you think will happen on your third viewing?
Based on what some people have said regarding that, it would seem that Pattinson wasn’t exaggerating with his remarks about the film being really crazy.

Made an impulse decision last minute and went to see it for a fourth time.
Don’t think I’ll be bored of it any time soon. It gets better and better.

Yea this is top 3 Nolan for me. The scale alone is immeasurable. I will never understand how Nolan figured this out

I’m happy if people are able to like the movie but I don’t know how anyone can really think it’s better than Inception, let alone most of his films. It fails in so many areas that Inception did so well, with an organic relationship between the world building and the character development, and character driving story, and a far better emotional core. All while having a more unique and exciting world scored with far more memorable music. The more I think about it the more I don’t like it. There’s definitely some cool stuff in it, but while I think Nolan’s weaker films (TDKR) were flawed but still very good if not great, this one had some serious problems at its core and IMO a weak, generic plot that did not live up to the Tenet concept, a simple story told in the most convoluted way possible with paper thin characters.
Last edited by Drewton on September 3rd, 2020, 1:02 am, edited 11 times in total.

Drewton wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 12:40 am
I’m happy if people are able to like the movie but I don’t know how anyone can really think it’s better than Inception, let alone most of his films. It fails in so many areas that Inception did so well, with an organic relationship between the world building and the character development, and character driving story, and a far better emotional core. All while having a more unique and exciting world scored with far more memorable music.
I suppose it’s a matter of opinion. Others might not think like you. Who’s right? Who knows.

Intonestellar wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 3:16 pm
Just seen 2nd time, even better, masterpiece...

Just a few Q still tho... anyone able to help please...
Why does Priya want to kill Kat? How does Sator end up with the algorithm during the motorway sequence? Why have they sometimes got masks on during inversion then sometimes not? Is it right Neil picks the lock in the chamber? I’m still not following the pattern of events for Neil unlocking the chamber door and being shot, when does this happen?
Thx
1.Just to tie up some loose ends I guess like she knows about TENET.
2.When the whole time reversal shenanigans end the sator realises that the piece is sitting in Saab unguarded in forward time. So my guess is he orders someone in forward time through radio and send it back in time to him.
3.When Inverted people are in normal world, they wear mask.
But if they are in ship containers or in sealed environment they invert those environments too so they can breathe without masks.
in some cases where they are roaming in outside world without masks they simply uninvert themselves i.e. starts going forward in time like us so no need of mask.
4.Yes
5.I am also not sure about this but I am developing a timeline so I will let you know about it
Edit : Sorry for 2 edits I was trying to give perfect answer
Last edited by Jayp on September 3rd, 2020, 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.