Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Pratham wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 4:50 pm
I'm just asking. I don't remember aspect ratio switching for the Tenet rip 🤐 I have but on other movies like Interstellar or Inception blu-ray, the normal resolution is like 1920x800 with letterboxing and IMAX scenes switch to 1920x1080 filling the whole screen.
Ohhh hahaha I'm so sorry, I thought you were going to have me tell you "2.20:1 (1920x872, same as Dunkirk) and 1.78:1 (1920x1080)," then you would come back and say: "Well, that's why they do it... so it fits and fills your screen."

Anyway, there's your answer! My bad. :)

My plan though is to make a 2.40:1 (1920x800) throughout this flick, custom-cropped. One of a kind!

this movie fucking sucked. real talk

I think full 1.43 imax ratio was why many of us liked bootlegs better.

Master Virgo wrote:
December 19th, 2020, 8:57 am
On paper both the main protagonist and antagonist are the weakest in Nolan's filmography.

The difference is that John David brings his terrific personality and charm to the role and manages to semi save it.

Branagh is not so successful. Not even that, his overacting at parts, kind of make it worse. This puts him in the same league as Cotillard and Hathaway as actors who shined in their first collaboration with Nolan, but declined considerably in the second ones.
Hathaway declined considerably? I don’t see it. Cotillard gets more trouble for a few lines and her infamous death scene but other than that, it was solid.

When it comes to Branagh, that’s overacting? Not nearly what I would consider as such but ok.

Finally saw Tenet after getting it on blu-ray. Have seen it twice now, and after 2 viewings I definitely like it more. Interestingly, for a big budget action movie, I found that my favorite scenes were the quieter scenes with Priya. She lends the movie a lot of mystery and gives a unique and authoritative performance.

My favorite scene is the 4 minute walk down that path where Priya is talking about the scientist that discovered the technology in the future. I love that scene because of the performances. The movie was cast really well and has a unique and dense plot that will only get even better with repeated viewings. I need to see it a 3rd time now before I can rank Nolan's films.

dsus4gtr wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 9:53 pm
Finally saw Tenet after getting it on blu-ray. Have seen it twice now, and after 2 viewings I definitely like it more. Interestingly, for a big budget action movie, I found that my favorite scenes were the quieter scenes with Priya. She lends the movie a lot of mystery and gives a unique and authoritative performance.

My favorite scene is the 4 minute walk down that path where Priya is talking about the scientist that discovered the technology in the future. I love that scene because of the performances. The movie was cast really well and has a unique and dense plot that will only get even better with repeated viewings. I need to see it a 3rd time now before I can rank Nolan's films.
I don't mind the Priya scenes per se, but they really are just exposition dumps, so for me it's a little eh. Plus, she's the one who introduces the term "Protagonist," and it can't not feel out of place when stated.

The one thing I don't like is her theme. I'd prefer that scene that you mentioned in particular to have been played without music. Sometimes Nolan just has to learn when to let the dialogue speak for the scene, and I think this is one of those times.

That being said, the only time this movie really slows down is on Sator's yacht at night, from that one evening shot outside of it all the way until everyone is at Tallinn. The rest of this movie flows briskly besides that (sometimes to a fault, but that's the only part of the film where I'd be "looking at my watch").

For me, without a doubt, one of my favorite moments performance-wise is during Debicki & JDW's dinner scene early on when she corrects his saying "You don't seem like the jealous type." The timing of her pause and the subtlety of the anger and defiance in her character so early on, setting up Kat's later development, is absolutely perfect. I feel like some critics have been giving Debicki's performance & moreso Kat as a character a really duff rap comparable to the response to Shelley Duvall's role in The Shining. The characterisation of either as mere "damsels in distress" is unfairly reductive.

Finally saw this a few days ago. The movie looks great and I enjoyed the spectacle, but I can't say I ever really felt involved with the story or any of the characters. Probably the weirdest film Nolan has made to date, and the final scene is his most underwhelming.

And GOD DAMN that sound mix was obnoxiously loud.

HorrorBiz wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 2:53 am
Finally saw this a few days ago. The movie looks great and I enjoyed the spectacle, but I can't say I ever really felt involved with the story or any of the characters. Probably the weirdest film Nolan has made to date, and the final scene is his most underwhelming.

And GOD DAMN that sound mix was obnoxiously loud.
Max is Neil.
There, just gave weight to the final scene haha.