Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 12:16 am
A Borges man wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:55 pm
Vader182 wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:44 pm
kind of an asshole post tbh

-Vader
Probably get kicked off for it...But you know what, it feels nice to criticize the critic...I do find it funny that most critics on twitter talk about Nolan fans like their virgin serial killers, and never have a generous thing to say about Nolan himself, to the point that mentioning his name causes people to lose their minds; and here you are, being paid by RogerEbert.com. I feel like a forum for fans having a critic in it is like having an undercover cop in our mist. A narc.
Mmmm I don’t quite see the big deal you are making about Vader's review or his profession. I don’t agree with the comparison to Michael Bay but the guy is saying good things too despite having issues with it. As far as I know, a critic can be a fan as well even if they have complains, so I’m not seeing how one thing negates the other. This is weird.
That is nice...I honestly don't like Vader, as I said, he comes off like a snob, throwing out statements like Tenet is "brown and ugly", like most critics on film twitter he has no experience with the process of making a film, or apparently, using his eyes, and expecting that to be an objective statement. Speaking of Rogerebert.com...you know whenever anyone brings up that Nolan can't shoot action they bring up the Jim Emerson video about the dark knight car chase? The thing NO ONE brings up is that filmmaker Joseph Kahn takes Emerson to task for his dis-honesty and actual lack of editing knowledge; because Emerson is not an editor or a filmmaker. But, Emerson has controlled the narrative, because of people like Vader.

So my problem comes from people like Vader, presenting us with his top 10 list, show us how much his opinions matter, his "objective" opinion because it's on RogerEbert.com, because he is an actual critic...guess what everyone, despite filmtwitter constantly piling on Twitter and talking about how much Tenet sucks, it's okay to like the movie, you don't have bad taste, because I Vader said it is good...Also Vader's critical writing is sloppy, and arguments are fairly week, he is so limp as a critic, most of his reviews are embarrassing...even when I agree with him. The fact that he gets paid for that, the thing bloggers do, or people on this forum do is hilarious.

this is getting weird

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 12:36 am
this is getting weird

-Vader
Yeah, you're right. Just got triggered by all the Tenet takes today...I'm sorry that I called you're writing bad, it's just my opinion. I should separate the critic from the criticism; you seem nice enough as a person.

congrats vader you have your first hater! a clear sign you're going places

Lol, what an embarrassing display of triggered fanboyism.

as a really nice guy once said in one of our little reunions, ... "lets not blow things, out of proportion", also lets remember something, the internet is a bootleg version of human interaction, written text is a poor analogue for the "full" conversational experience, i not up to speed with this whole situation, but i hope we can call it water under the bridge, love to all

"A thing poorly expressed, is a lie" Stephen Fry (yes, stolen from a nerdwriter video i know haha)

Master Virgo wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 1:22 am
Lol, what an embarrassing display of triggered fanboyism.
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 1:16 am
congrats vader you have your first hater! a clear sign you're going places
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 1:23 am
as a really nice guy once said in one of our little reunions, ... "lets not blow things, out of proportion", also lets remember something, the internet is a bootleg version of human interaction, written text is a poor analogue for the "full" conversational experience, i not up to speed with this whole situation, but i hope we can call it water under the bridge, love to all

"A thing poorly expressed, is a lie" Stephen Fry (yes, stolen from a nerdwriter video i know haha)
Don't get me started on Nerdwriter...I have to seriously ask though: countless people on this forum express their annoyance at some like Grace Randolph or Armond White, so where is the line when a "real" critic is in the forum; can I talk shit if I use their real name instead of their handle? Act like I'm talking about someone else?

A Borges man wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Vader182 wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 7:48 pm
I was humbled to be asked to write-up my top ten movies of the year to rogerebert.com. Click the link for the write-ups for each film (and to see the others).

Here's my top ten of 2020:

1.) DA FIVE BLOODS
2.) FIRST COW
3.) I'M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS
4.) MANK
5.) BEANPOLE
6.) MANGROVE
7.) TENET
8.) LOVERS ROCK
9.) THE ASSISTANT
10.) EMMA

And here's my write-up for Tenet, which I thought some of you may enjoy. Told ya'll I really like Tenet despite my issues with it ;)

7. "Tenet"

Mired in controversy and decidedly the wrong movie to reopen cinemas after six months inside, “Tenet” is nevertheless a dazzling Hollywood curio. One of the more audacious blockbusters this century, it is an exhilarating time travel actioner featuring a handful of Christopher Nolan's finest set pieces, loaded with bullishly obtuse plotting and goofy heightened dialogue that would make late-period Michael Mann blush. More le Carré-grade noir than James Bond, this is Nolan's most oppressively chilly movie, complete with philosophical debates on free will, agency, and pre-determinism in between the backwards fist fights and plane-heists.

At release, I said it felt like an unhappy marriage between art-house surrealism and blockbuster bombast, like if Michael Bay had directed “Last Year at Marienbad” or” La Jetée.” Whether that sounds like a dirge or a delight will speak to if "Tenet" works for you. For me, I enjoyed feeling lost in its quantum maze. A dizzying blend of mastery and misstep, this is a spectacular, frustrating, exhilarating ride that celebrates what epic filmmaking can be.
Here's a link to the piece: https://www.rogerebert.com/features/the ... ns-of-2020

-Vader
You come off a lot nicer on Twitter; now knowing that your a "professional critic" and which one you are, I get your general attitude on this forum...you always came off like a bit of a snob on here...almost like you think you're better than everyone on here. Do your fellow critics know that you hang out on the "Nolanfans" forum? Would they kick you out of the film twitter country club? I'm genuinely curious, what would your fellow critics think of you slumming it on the Nolanforum?
god damn it, Mr. Trump, I thought we took your phone away.

Crazy Eight wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 2:20 am
A Borges man wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Vader182 wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 7:48 pm
I was humbled to be asked to write-up my top ten movies of the year to rogerebert.com. Click the link for the write-ups for each film (and to see the others).

Here's my top ten of 2020:

1.) DA FIVE BLOODS
2.) FIRST COW
3.) I'M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS
4.) MANK
5.) BEANPOLE
6.) MANGROVE
7.) TENET
8.) LOVERS ROCK
9.) THE ASSISTANT
10.) EMMA

And here's my write-up for Tenet, which I thought some of you may enjoy. Told ya'll I really like Tenet despite my issues with it ;)

Here's a link to the piece: https://www.rogerebert.com/features/the ... ns-of-2020

-Vader
You come off a lot nicer on Twitter; now knowing that your a "professional critic" and which one you are, I get your general attitude on this forum...you always came off like a bit of a snob on here...almost like you think you're better than everyone on here. Do your fellow critics know that you hang out on the "Nolanfans" forum? Would they kick you out of the film twitter country club? I'm genuinely curious, what would your fellow critics think of you slumming it on the Nolanforum?
god damn it, Mr. Trump, I thought we took your phone away.
To quote the man: ‘Fake news is at an all time high. Where is their apology to me for all of the incorrect stories???’

dude, vader isn’t even that bad.

sure he didn’t even address my existence on this website for 3 years until he deemed me intellectually enlightened enough to be spoken to. but it’s just a quirky little thing he does. yeah if he thinks you’re wrong he will never acknowledge you anymore, but maybe you should try not having a wrong opinion.

and we take his presence on here as a positive thing because nolanfans would not be the same thing without brendan. when he’s online, all of our collective IQ is increased by the average of 10 points. to compare him to plebes like grace randolph is honestly insulting. if he didn’t grace us with his snobbery, we would probably still be talking about the plebe shit like whether neil is kat’s son, or how do the blue and red teams work.