Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I wanna see photos of every single guy who claims Maggie Gyllenhaal wasn’t pretty enough to be Bruce’s gf.

Or maybe I don’t. Cuz I feel like we kinda know what they look like.

Retskrad wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 8:16 am
It’s such a shame but I think Denis Villeneuve has overtaken Nolan as the best blockbuster director in Hollywood. Incendies, Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 and now Dune. Denis knows that you live and die by your characters unlike Nolan.
He is undoubtedly a wonderful director, but please note that he didn't write any of those films except Dune, for which he co-wrote the screenplay with two others.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 5:44 pm
Retskrad wrote:
It’s such a shame but I think Denis Villeneuve has overtaken Nolan as the best blockbuster director in Hollywood. Incendies, Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 and now Dune. Denis knows that you live and die by your characters unlike Nolan.
He is undoubtedly a wonderful director, but please note that he didn't write any of those films except Dune, for which he co-wrote the screenplay with two others.
I agree. He’s a wonderful director but in my eyes he isn’t better or worse than Nolan, they both have strengths and weaknesses. Love them both but my preference is Nolan. Also, I believe Villeneuve co-wrote Incendies to be fair.

I think some people don’t give Nolan enough credit when it comes to writing. Making his stories work on different levels as he does isn’t an easy task, specially when they have multiple layers and mix of genres as his films tend to do. Yes, he could use more characters driven aspects but that doesn’t mean his movies don’t have it or that he doesn’t care abut storytelling.

Retskrad wrote:
Sorry but Incendies, Prisoners, Arrival and Sicario are not blockbusters.

Blade Runner 2049 tried but failed (general audience don't buyed it).

PS: I LOVE Villeneuve.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Also, I believe Villeneuve co-wrote Incendies to be fair.
You're right, thanks. I missed one.

Ruth wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 3:57 pm
I wanna see photos of every single guy who claims Maggie Gyllenhaal wasn’t pretty enough to be Bruce’s gf.

Just to clarify, I wasn't one of those people. I just said that Pfister didn't shoot her well in TDK.

But because you asked, you're more than welcome to explore my Facebook photos. I don't consider myself a hunk by any stretch, personally.

Ruth wrote:

Well Maggie is probably the better actress, but I don't understand why Nolan didn't keep the continuity with Katie Holmes. Maggie isn't as much of a looker as Katie sure, but I wouldn't exactly turn down a proposition :lol: Regardless what we may think of the attractiveness of her face she has a nice body and was actually pretty hot in her youth. (ie check out Secretary)

lcbaseball22 wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 7:26 pm
Ruth wrote:

Well Maggie is probably the better actress, but I don't understand why Nolan didn't keep the continuity with Katie Holmes. Maggie isn't as much of a looker as Katie sure, but I wouldn't exactly turn down a proposition :lol: Regardless what we may think of the attractiveness of her face she has a nice body and was actually pretty hot in her youth. (ie check out Secretary)
Katie had a scheduling conflict with Mad Money.

Although strange as it sounds, I feel like Katie was the better casting choice for BB and Maggie was the better one for TDK. That sounds weird, but I can't imagine Maggie in BB or Katie in TDK, especially the latter. I don't know why, it just doesn't seem to fit the tone. And yes, I can picture different things other than what we actually have, unlike how some people are able to.

Retskrad wrote:
I am honestly baffled that Warner Bros have Nolan a $200 million budget after reading the script. Domestic violence that will turn some weirdos on, 75% of the movie being Nolan’s worst exposition to date, a woman character and a villain written straight out of the 1960’s ... that’s Tenet for you.

No way. He's got one 'hit' Arrival so far. Most people don't even know who he is outside of people like us that follow films all the time. I love him as a director but he's not close to Nolan as far as a blockbuster director.

Retskrad wrote:
I am honestly baffled that Warner Bros have Nolan a $200 million budget after reading the script. Domestic violence that will turn some weirdos on, 75% of the movie being Nolan’s worst exposition to date, a woman character and a villain written straight out of the 1960’s ... that’s Tenet for you.

Lol. Why would this be a shame?

And Dennis highest grossing movie is blade runner 2049 with 259M. Technically you could say he hasn't even made a blockbuster yet lol.

Retskrad wrote:

You do realize Nolan has probably made more money for the studio with one film (e.g. The Dark Knight, Inception) than Villeneuve has in his entire career. That’s no slight on Villeneuve, whose films I love, but to try and equate mainstream blockbuster appeal would be disingenuous.