Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 3:43 pm
KEM wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 3:42 pm
Well TDK is the greatest movie ever so Pfister gets a lot of points for that but I’m very happy with what Hoyte is accomplishing so I’ll go with him on this one
He didn't know how to shoot Maggie G. though, who admittedly needs a lot of help. Down points for that, heh.
lol, this has got to do with the makeup artist as well. I wouldn't blame Pfister for that.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 11:02 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
KEM wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 3:42 pm
Well TDK is the greatest movie ever so Pfister gets a lot of points for that but I’m very happy with what Hoyte is accomplishing so I’ll go with him on this one
He didn't know how to shoot Maggie G. though, who admittedly needs a lot of help. Down points for that, heh.
lol, this has got to do with the makeup artist as well. I wouldn't blame Pfister for that.
Am I missing something? What was wrong with how Maggie G. was shot? Makeup artist? What are you guys talking about?

A Borges man wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 1:47 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

Am I missing something? What was wrong with how Maggie G. was shot? Makeup artist? What are you guys talking about?
nothing. it's just a common view that she didnt look hot enough to be Bruce Wayne's girlfriend.

dragon_phoenix wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 2:05 am
A Borges man wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:

nothing. it's just a common view that she didnt look hot enough to be Bruce Wayne's girlfriend.
....WTF?

A Borges man wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 2:24 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
A Borges man wrote:

....WTF?
:facepalm:

A Borges man wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

Maggie has a lot of accentuation from her cheeks area where lighting can't hit too much at low or side angles at high contrast. Her blue eyes also don't meld well with orange-ish skin tones and hues, of which occur often in her TDK scenes (courtroom, restaurant, penthouse during fundraiser, Loeb's service), unless they lower the blues in the timing. With the edge-enhancement seen in the 35mm content, it accentuates some of the features that don't work well with her face, plain and simple. The only scene I remember her looking good is when she kisses Bruce.

A movie she was in around the time of The Dark Knight where the cinematographer captured her essence much better was Stranger Than Fiction.

i'll post more 2nd viewing thoughts later but a few things:

1.) to those of you who say tenet is a nonstop thrill ride with crazy fast pacing....how? Tenet has so much endless exposition and rambling it makes Inception look like A Man Escaped. It's his talkiest movie. Information is the enemy of emotion, and Tenet is almost all "information." The Neil and Kat stuff deepens, though.

but for real: once you realize 75% of tenet is exposition to set up, or retroactively explain, action scenes it's a lot easier to follow but also to disengage

2.) what a epic miscalculation this is the movie that should reopen and save cinemas. it opens with a terrorist attack and ends with
murdering an eldery woman in cold blood for basically doing the job you hired her to do.Throw in some run-of-the-mill domestic abuse (here comes the spiked belt again) to boot.
This is a mean movie. What was Nolan thinking this is what audiences want or need to see right now? Bizarre!

Overall, what's good gets better and what wasn't gets worse. I far prefer the second half to the first. At least it starts to move and you feel that camaraderie. Still low 8s for me. Second only to Dunkirk one of Nolan's best "directed' movies, but with a script in need of a massive polish, probably his worst. Had a blast, though.

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
dragon_phoenix wrote:
A Borges man wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:

Who is it common amongst? Lol

I am honestly baffled that Warner Bros have Nolan a $200 million budget after reading the script. Domestic violence that will turn some weirdos on, 75% of the movie being Nolan’s worst exposition to date, a woman character and a villain written straight out of the 1960’s ... that’s Tenet for you.

It’s such a shame but I think Denis Villeneuve has overtaken Nolan as the best blockbuster director in Hollywood. Incendies, Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 and now Dune. Denis knows that you live and die by your characters unlike Nolan.
Last edited by Retskrad on September 14th, 2020, 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Law wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 8:06 am
dragon_phoenix wrote:
A Borges man wrote:

Who is it common amongst? Lol
among young guys who watched the movie when it first came out.