Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Tarssauce wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 10:12 am
P_Leroux wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 6:50 am
Are you sure? Because in the last 30 minutes, when they want to stop Sator, all travel back into the past, but only wear the oxygen masks for brief period of time
Yes. The blue room is designed and equipped to enable those who invert to breath. Once they go out of the airlock they need to wear a mask. When they're all travelling backwards in time - when they are on the huge ship. You can see The Protagonist watching the reversed waves while wearing a mask. Then he takes it off once he goes inside.

And you'll notice that these rooms are lined with some sort of protective material that is zip lined. Same thing can be seen in the shipping containers they stayed in when they went back to Oslo.
I know that, but e.g. when Kate went back in time, in order to kill Sator on the ship, she did not wear any oxygen mask, si I was wondering whether you only have to wear a oxygen mask during inversions

Saw it today and here are my Spoiler-free thoughts. :)

First, I saw it early today in smaller IMAX and with maybe 15 other people. Which was good for me because of low risk of infection, but I'm a bit sad for Nolan because I don't think Tenet is going very well here.

Oof, what can I say, not quite sure how I feel about it on the whole but I thought multiple times: Nolan really LOVES cinema.

I saw the dubbed German version and here an there it was a little hard to understand the dialogue, especially during the last act, when everything was very loud. But it wasn't too bad.

The dialogue in the first 20-30 Minutes sounded quite stiff to me. I don't know if it was because we heard big parts in the trailers before or because the German dubbing was stiff in those parts or because Nolans script is stiff itself in the beginning.

I thought the movie wasn't hard to grasp at all, but in the third act it got confusing. You can definitely watch it again a second time.

The music was fitting but nothing special.

I was in awe multiple times but this feeling lasted only a few seconds. It wasn't like Interstellar for me, where I was on the edge of my seat minutes long and felt like I was on the journey with Cooper together.
In a way it was more like Dunkirk, where I also wasn't so sure how I felt about it the first time.

I liked JDWs and Debickis performances and espacially Pattinsons performance.

The third act was bombastic as hell but hard to follow. I mean you do understand roughly what is going on, but I would like to have more time to really understand and grasp it what each person ist doing and why.

I think my favourite scene is the one with the plane. :)

Not sure with my rating, I will have to let weeks to pass to let it sink in and probably watch it a second time, but at the moment I think something between 6/10 and 9/10.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 1:27 pm
So today I watched it a second time. Still entertaining. Still thrilling. And this time I understood everything. So it was more appealing. Kats Climax is numero uno :twothumbsup: But the 2 biggest weak points are still present. JDWs missing character development and the editing of Jennifer Lame (often tooo fast, the viewer does not get enough time to process emotional scenes.
I'm talking especially about the scene where JDW got the news that his mates are all dead. He starts crying and just 3 seconds later it goes to business as usual. And the scenes after Kat killed Branagh. And maybe the ending frame could have lasted a bit longer)
I correct my rating from 7/10 to 8/10
That's typical Nolan. When Rachel died in TDK, Bruce Wayne was upset for one scene and he seemed normal after that.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
But the 2 biggest weak points are still present. JDWs missing character development
I think there's a reason why we don't know even his name. The character development on his character is on purpose. It's a spy movie, we're not supposed to know everything about the character past. I mean, from the movie standpoint it would be a spoiler to the actual movie if we knew his past or more development. We learn in the end that he has a future in the past. That big finale wouldn't work if you knew at the beginning he was behind all of it.

KEM
Just saw it for the first time, my brain is completely scrambled and still trying to process what I saw, but I absolutely loved it!!

Still trying to process everything I just saw...definitely Nolan's toughest, most inaccessible film. Has some incredible payoffs and amazing special effects.

filipeG wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 8:55 pm
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
But the 2 biggest weak points are still present. JDWs missing character development
I think there's a reason why we don't know even his name. The character development on his character is on purpose. It's a spy movie, we're not supposed to know everything about the character past. I mean, from the movie standpoint it would be a spoiler to the actual movie if we knew his past or more development. We learn in the end that he has a future in the past. That big finale wouldn't work if you knew at the beginning he was behind all of it.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Also, this movie bangs hard. What a sexy film. 9/10

To those of you who have seen it, what % of dialogue do you think you could make out?

A friend just saw it at the IMAX I'm going to Thursday so I wanted to compare.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 1:14 am
To those of you who have seen it, what % of dialogue do you think you could make out?

-Vader
I would say 50%. The first act, there's not much going other than talking, so the score is pretty minimal.

KEM
Vader182 wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 1:14 am

-Vader
Probably like 80% there was only a few parts I couldn’t understand but that’s only because of their accents, not the music/sound effects