Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Saw it yesterday at the Everyman in Clitheroe. Nothing special projection wise.

Thought it was great. Wasn't too bothered by partly inaudible dialogue, more by difficulty in following the action when some characters are inverted and some aren't.

Seeing it next week at Printworks IMAX in Manchester. Hopefully second viewing will improve understanding.

Rating at the moment 8. Maybe will rise to a 9 after seeing it again.

Maybe I missed something but can you tell me why the protagonist, Neil, Ives, Kate, Mahir and also Andrei didnt wear any oxygen masks during the whole time, when the travelled back in time? Do you only have to wear the oxgen masks, if inversions are occurring?

P_Leroux wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 1:17 pm
Maybe I missed something but can you tell me why the protagonist, Neil, Ives, Kate, Mahir and also Andrei didnt wear any oxygen masks during the whole time, when the travelled back in time? Do you only have to wear the oxgen masks, if inversions are occurring?
The discussion thread is better suited for this but
If you notice, The Protagonist is wearing a mask while outside on the deck of the ship but takes it off when goes indoors. It seems that they prepare the whole area to be enclosed and full of inverted oxygen so they don’t need to wear a mask. When they all invert the first time they exit to the blue section and they need to wear masks, but when The Protagonist decides to go out he’s required to wear one.

And yes, they only need to wear masks if they are inverted and in an area where the air is normal and not full of inverted oxygen. They all revert at some point and no longer need inverted oxygen to breathe.

Now I’m not sure if it’s inverted oxygen but I’m using that term to clarify what’s going on

Tarssauce wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 4:11 pm
P_Leroux wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 1:17 pm

The discussion thread is better suited for this but
If you notice, The Protagonist is wearing a mask while outside on the deck of the ship but takes it off when goes indoors. It seems that they prepare the whole area to be enclosed and full of inverted oxygen so they don’t need to wear a mask. When they all invert the first time they exit to the blue section and they need to wear masks, but when The Protagonist decides to go out he’s required to wear one.

And yes, they only need to wear masks if they are inverted and in an area where the air is normal and not full of inverted oxygen. They all revert at some point and no longer need inverted oxygen to breathe.

Now I’m not sure if it’s inverted oxygen but I’m using that term to clarify what’s going on
Are you sure? Because in the last 30 minutes, when they want to stop Sator, all travel back into the past, but only wear the oxygen masks for brief period of time

The movie is so much more understandable after a second viewing, my mates understood most of it on their first viewing. I might just be a little slow :lol:

Kudos to Nolan for making such elaborate movies and sticking to his guns :gonf:

I've seen tenet 4 times already. you can ask me anything. I know it by heart now.

DHOPW42 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who felt that this scene was very moving (and acted very well!):
When the Protagonist realizes at the end that Neil has been a longtime friend of his... in the future. He gets all teary eyed, and the way he yells after Neil while he is going away... it's soooo good, and it's really moving.
The reason he's tearing up is that he knows that Neil will take a bullet for him in a second inversion when he goes back into that chamber to unlock the door for him (JWD) and Ives. Neil says in the last scene that he has a feeling he needs to go back and fix some last details to make the mission successful and also says he feels this is the end of their journey together, in other words, he will have to give his life for his friend and the world.

There's actually another scene where Niel sees himself go into the inversion mashine
from far. You think that might be just the queue for him to go into the machine, but my theory after 4th view is that he has no time to go into the machine while he sees himself from that far go out of the machine so the only option is that it is another version of him that entered the inversion mashine. He later has a scene where he goes into the machine (again) but with the version that we follow in the movie, the same version that has the last words in the movie with JDW. So he knows he hast to come back.

P_Leroux wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 6:50 am
Are you sure? Because in the last 30 minutes, when they want to stop Sator, all travel back into the past, but only wear the oxygen masks for brief period of time
Yes. The blue room is designed and equipped to enable those who invert to breath. Once they go out of the airlock they need to wear a mask. When they're all travelling backwards in time - when they are on the huge ship. You can see The Protagonist watching the reversed waves while wearing a mask. Then he takes it off once he goes inside.

And you'll notice that these rooms are lined with some sort of protective material that is zip lined. Same thing can be seen in the shipping containers they stayed in when they went back to Oslo.

I’ve only seen it once(so far), so could someone clear up a question I have about the Opera sequence.
I get that The Protagonist and his team are there to extract their guy who has managed to get hold of the 241 (although they don’t know about it’s connection to the algorithm).

But I’m not 100% sure how the terrorists, Ukrainians, Russians and the General in the booth fit into everything.
Last edited by StuFish on August 31st, 2020, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KEM
StuFish wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 11:23 am
I’ve only seen it once(so far), so could someone clear up a question I have about the Opera sequence.

I get that The Protagonist and his team are there to extract their guy who has managed to get hold of the 241 (although they don’t know about it’s connection to the algorithm).

But I’m not 100% sure how the terrorists, Ukrainians, Russians and the General in the booth fit into everything.
Pretty sure it was a setup