Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I think Christopher Nolan has a gift in him. Everthing he makes works very well even if the plot is confusing at times he gives you that WOW-Magic effect. And the sound, action scenes, and camerawork in this movie is better than inception. I saw Inception in IMAX and even the movie is incredible, it didnt gave me the IMAX experience like Tenet did. Tenet feels and looks more grounded and adult than inception. Inception feels and looks now more like a teenager and Tenet feels and looks more like a grown men (if you know what i mean). It is hard to describe. From the opening scene i knew, the directing from christopher Nolan is very sharp.
morlock84 wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 6:41 am
I liked the movie, even if I didn't get a large part of the plot (asked a few questions if the spoiler thread for those who have seen it :D ). I'm going again tonight to get a definitive opinion. However I can already say that :
- it is Nolan's most complex movie to date and least accessible.
- the action was phenomenal. Although I loved the
time-reversed scenes
my favourite scene is the
prologue / opera attack.
This was SO intense. Reminded me a lot of the robbery scene at the beginning of TDK. I found it particularly bone-chilling because of the very recent terrorism history in Europe, couldn't not think about the 2015 Paris attack during a concert. The only action scene that was a disappointment for me is the final one. Rushed and nearly incomprehensible. But I need to see it again.
- the pace is very VERY fast. Nolan really should have put more explanations / exposition for people to catch up with the plot.
- loved every actor, especially JDW and Pattinson.
Yeah the opera terrorist attack is the fucking opener and i am very happy that this the opening scene and not other build-up. It is unsetlling, intense and the direction from Nolan is on point and very sharp.

Mixed.

I don't know how else to put it. I'm watching it again tomorrow.

morlock84 wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 6:41 am
I liked the movie, even if I didn't get a large part of the plot (asked a few questions if the spoiler thread for those who have seen it :D ). I'm going again tonight to get a definitive opinion. However I can already say that :
- it is Nolan's most complex movie to date and least accessible.
- the action was phenomenal. Although I loved the
time-reversed scenes
my favourite scene is the
prologue / opera attack.
This was SO intense. Reminded me a lot of the robbery scene at the beginning of TDK. I found it particularly bone-chilling because of the very recent terrorism history in Europe, couldn't not think about the 2015 Paris attack during a concert. The only action scene that was a disappointment for me is the final one. Rushed and nearly incomprehensible. But I need to see it again.
- the pace is very VERY fast. Nolan really should have put more explanations / exposition for people to catch up with the plot.
- loved every actor, especially JDW and Pattinson.
Your favorite scene was the
prologue? :?

In the theater right now, the film's starting in a few minutes. See you all on the other side!

Has anyone seen Tenet yet in 1.43 IMAX? How much of the movie was presented in IMAX, and was there a lot of aspect ratio shifts?

Just got back from seeing Tenet today in Cambridge Uk at the light cinema Imax. This film is fucking incredible! the only downside was the sound I couldn't hear some of the dialogue very well at all. The action sequences are superb, I couldn't get into it for the first 45 minutes but after that all I can say is WOW. This is a must watch! if any of you fuckers are thinking of watching it on the Net my advice is be patient and wait until it hits your cinema. Trust me it is well worth the wait, i'm going again tomorrow. Nolan your a genius!

Just came back from the cinema. So my thoughts

Plot: Not as unique as I thought it will be. It reminded me on Bond movies and a classic blockbuster from the 80s. The climax is a bit too clichee and generic. Emotional moments are rare. The critics were right. Thats just hard to swallow, if you love Interstellar. Besides Kat (Debicki) the characters didn't really got a introduction or a development or a climax. We never get to know their past, their flaws...you know everything that makes a character likeable. So if you root for the characters or not, is up to the charming potrayal of the actors. And the actors did a good job (except Branagh). But I can understand when thats not enough for some viewers.

Cinematography: As always. Superb! I'm more of a Pfister Fan, but Hoytema never dissapoints.

Editing: I really missed Lee Smith. The movie is very fast paced. Normally I like that. But it was toooo fast. Humans need time to realize whats happened. Emotions need time! ("People are not machines. We need time to feel emotions. And if the movie don't give us that time...we don't believe it" - Every frame a picture). Don't know if thats Nolan fault or the new editors.

Score: Nothing really memorable in the score. It's very hard, unmelodic and actiondriven. It's comparable to Mad Max Fury Road (but 1-2 levels lower). It hypes you up during the movie. Nothing more or less.

Production Design: Well thats just an perfect A. The place from the final act is sooooo movie magic. No green screen or cgi could ever do the same.

Overall: The movie was still entertaining. But unfortunately I didn't have the same mindblown overthrown emotional feelings afterwards, as I did with Nolans previous films. But maybe it's because I'm older now and more into filmmaking (and can see film flaws clearer). Maybe I have to watch this again with different eyes. (And I will watch it on monday!). But as of today I'm giving 7 out of 10 points.

This movie is LOST on steroids. As in super fucking convoluted.

Sanchez wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 3:26 pm
This movie is LOST on steroids. As in super fucking convoluted.
So yay or nay? In terms of recommendation? Worth seeing?

I attributed the sound/dialogue issues in an intentional, two-fold way:
1. It was Nolan forcing you to pay more attention to what’s being said, to really listen. I’ve seen directors use this technique before, modulating sound to force greater focus from an audience. And [minor spoiler]
2. It’s explained as a side effect of inversion, sight or sound is slightly impaired. We’re experiencing it as an audience through the perception of inversion.

Ergo, it’s intentional.