Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I know everyone is thinking about how they would rank Tenet in Nolan's own filmography, but I'm curious... how would you rank it among the Craig Bond movies?

Janky Sam wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 4:10 am
I know everyone is thinking about how they would rank Tenet in Nolan's own filmography, but I'm curious... how would you rank it among the Craig Bond movies?
Seconded, I would like to hear people's opinion on this too.

So now that many people (including native speakers) say that they couldn't understand much of the dialogue....will Nolans team fix it till the US release?

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 5:27 am
So now that many people (including native speakers) say that they couldn't understand much of the dialogue....will Nolans team fix it till the US release?
I don't think they can change it at this point. The most they can do is to add subtitles but they can't do that in such a short notice?

I was going to see this today but... change of plans.

The wait is agony.

Also, I know we're supposed to avoid crowds, but I don't want to see it in a too empty of a theater either.

Tenet is an insane film, the biggest and boldest of Nolan and in many ways his best, it makes Terminator or Back to the future look like amateur films, but not my favourite Nolan, because he doesn't put some ingredients in the film that he could have easily added.
Very mild spoilers, no specific about the plot :
For example, there are none of the little moments that Vader talked about in his article about Miyazaki/Star Wars. The political themes are not well developed, especially in comparison to Jason Bourne or latest Bond films. The film is too much interested in its concept, and forgets to open a lot of interesting and emotional doors that were right on the corner, and the characters are great but they don't really surprise you... But the concept is just so amazing. It is like Interstellar, by the end, you are convinced that this is the future, that what the film says is likely going to happen...
I teared up twice by the end.

My Nolan ranking by group:
Interstellar
TDK/TENET/Dunkirk/TDKR
Memento/Inception/Insomnia
Batman Begins/Following
Prestige (Prestige last??? Why?? Well,deal with it! I just never connected with a story where the two lead characters are Stalin and Trotski, or something like that...)

Demoph wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 7:09 pm
Tenet is an insane film, the biggest and boldest of Nolan and in many ways his best, it makes Terminator or Back to the future look like amateur films, but not my favourite Nolan, because he doesn't put some ingredients in the film that he could have easily added.
For example, there are none of the little moments that Vader talked about in his article about Miyazaki/Star Wars. The political themes are not well developed, especially in comparison to Jason Bourne or latest Bond films. The film is too much interested in its concept, and forgets to open a lot of interesting and emotional doors that were right on the corner, and the characters are great but they don't really surprise you... But the concept is just so amazing. It is like Interstellar, by the end, you are convinced that this is the future, that what the film says is likely going to happen...

Interstellar
TDK/TENET/Dunkirk/TDKR
Batman Begins/Following
Prestige (Prestige last??? Why?? Well,deal with it! I just never connected with a story where the two lead characters are Stalin and Trotski, or something like that...)
Were you satisfied with the ending?

A friend of mine checked this out. He is not a fan of Nolan generally and feels his sentimentality is forced and he spends too much time taking his stories too seriously with its mechanics and themes.

He said this is his favorite Nolan so far and called it his first great genre film because he doesn’t try to go for emotional value and he said while the film is nonsensical, he felt it was ultimately Nolan playing to his strengths by not trying to take the story too serious like he has in prior films.

So take that for what you will.

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 7:33 pm
Were you satisfied with the ending?
Hard to say, I need to rewatch to know what I think of how some characters'arc end. There is one arc I definitely loved.

Uno
Demoph wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 7:09 pm

Interstellar
TDK/TENET/Dunkirk/TDKR
Batman Begins/Following
I'm happy that you liked it :) Watching this on Wednesday and Thursday. So excited!