Tenet User Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Collector03601 wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 4:43 am
How about that prologue score guys? Did it change or its just longer?
I did not see the prologue but the opening scene has a loud score haha.

Oku
Came back from second showing and...wow.

Entire scenes of conversations that were utterly incomprehensible the first time around are clearer, and I can actually follow the character motivations, objectives, plot points, etc. now.

I'm definitely going back for a third time, hopefully soon.

Oku wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 5:27 am

Entire scenes of conversations that were utterly incomprehensible the first time around are clearer, and I can actually follow the character motivations, objectives, plot points, etc. now.

Great stuff. It’ll be interesting to see how people react on 2nd viewing.

Sorry if someone already asked, I have a question for those who watched the movie. Does the film waste time on a scientific logical explanation of the concept of inversion? Does physics / mathematics play a role in the story?

tylerthesoapmaker wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 5:35 am
Sorry if someone already asked, I have a question for those who watched the movie. Does the film waste time on a scientific logical explanation of the concept of inversion? Does physics / mathematics play a role in the story?
Nuclear fission plays a part .
Mostly physics
For me the exposition is less compared to inception.
Last edited by mosh89 on August 23rd, 2020, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oku wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 5:27 am

Did you watch it the second time with a different cinema sound system ? How many /10 would you rate it now ? Also, how are Michael Caine and Aaron Taylor Johnson ?

Oku
Yes, at two different IMAXs.

The audio-equipment difference could have helped, but I think that it was more that it was a second viewing and I already knew the big picture, which allowed me to focus on watching the actors' mouths while they were talking.

When their mouths were not on-screen, I would get lost again :lol:

As for Mr. Caine and Mr. Taylor-Johnson, they were pretty unremarkable on first viewing because I was too busy trying to take in everything, but on second viewing, Mr. Caine is delightful and Mr. Taylor-Johnson is solid.

(spoilers about their roles)
But it's hard to judge, because they are not in the movie very much and the majority of their lines of dialogue are exposition.

I see a lot of people saying that Debicki is the MVP, is that true? (No spoilers please)

ya can someone do like spoiler free rankings of characters and performances - how big everyone’s roles are and that sort of shit

i made the rank actors thread as a joke but y’all can actually use that one if you’d like

Hey guys i watched it yesterday in advance screening and I DONT *** KNOW WHAT SOME OF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. This is in my opinion better than Inception and quiete frankly some action scenes in inception were sloppy and looks cartoony in comparison with Tenet action scenes. From the beginning you are on a thrill ride. I know it is sometimes hard to follow but i realy enjoyed it. My score will be 9.6/10!