Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Brazilian critic... Positive review!

8/10

As someone who hasn’t seen it yet but has read spoilers, there is a difference between wanting to like something and actually liking it. As an analogy, when you hear a song you like is it because it’s complicated and confusing? Or, is it because you simply like the way it sounds? I understand movies have more than just music but isn’t it kind of the same? Would you say you like a song because it’s complicated? Then, why would you say you like a movie because it’s complicated? Are the best melodies in music the most complex? Isn’t the story kind of like the melody?

MaxContract wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 5:18 pm
P_Leroux wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 3:21 pm
For me, one of the reasons why some people might not connect with the film is the fact that the role of the protagonist was too big for JDW, he couldnt really fulfill all expectations, he was outshined by RP, and in some bit also bei ATJ, so I think another lead actor or a switch between both of them (JDW<>RP) would have suited the film better. JDW clearly needs more acting lessons, he's good, has potential, but I'm afraid that this role came too early for him.
most reviews praised him though. He and Pattinson were called the highlights even by negative reviews.
Nah. I just keep reading people saying he was dull (physically good). Most critics are not going in hard on the black lead actor, so I'm going to pay more attention to the public at this part.
Luckily for him, Nepotism is a big thing and he can continue to take acting classes. It seems to me that he has progressed since BlacKkKlansman and looks better now

US reactions on Twitter for Monday early access shows are very positive.

I LOVED IT......don't understand the story completely but a 9/10 for me

I like reviews he has done in the past. In case you want to check it out.

Just got out. A mind melting experience forsure.
Somethings bothered me like who the hell are they shooting at in the eagle mountain scene. I wish we got more out of Dimple Kapadia’s character other than her just literally being there for exposition. To be honest, I really didn’t care about anyone in the movie. I just didnt buy the Protagonist/Debicki relationship. Also Kenneth Brannagh’s villain motivations were lame imo. The action sequences were so good especially the reverse plane crash scene. I mean Holy shit that was top tier filmmaking. Gotta rewatch it. Im still processing the movie. Id give Inception a 10/10 because I thought everything came together so well. Tenet I felt the opposite.(8/10). It was hard for me to cheer about the world being saved when I couldn't fully understand the full concept of entropy and the entire Eagle Mountain scene, as incredible as it looked. I had a hard time following what the hell was going on plot wise during that sequence. Maybe Im stupid and Nolan is a 5th dimensional evolved being. But maybe on a 2nd viewing Tenet will blow Inception out the water. These are my first viewing impressions tho.

Meta down to 69% and RT to 79%.

Oku
Yep, it's falling hard, which I imagine is why RT is holding out on Certifying it Fresh.

They want to avoid another Joker situation, where the percentage seemed stable because it had a 100+ reviews and it seemed logical to Certify it Fresh then and there.

Who knew that it was premature and that American critics would rip it to shreds.