Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

Goldberg is a real tool. He tries to be a progressive and tow the internet line...but he'll misplace his sentiments: lookin' at his ethusiastic postive for Mulan....which is seemlingly less progressive my the minute.

He has a real, pathological Nolan boner. He loves inception, but shits on all his movies made after.

Considering people put Tom Cruise's movies on a pedestal, and he literally belongs to a cult that exploits people, and tortures them; critics can only use the flag of progressivism to hide the fact that people can't help but love movies that are made by people who are ideologically repugnant.

Goldberg is constantly painting Nolan as some sort of Trumpian, right-wing figure. He posts about him in the same virnacular as he does right-wing american politics.

Also, literally anyone who likes a James Bond movie, or Mission:Impossible movie has no right to complain about characterization, or sexuality in Tenet. Those movies also have no characters, just iconography, and any character is just projected onto the actors after multiply sequels; as far as sexuality is concerned, watching Tom Cruise act like a hetro-sexual human is hilarious.

I don't like to go in with the frame of mind that critics are out to get anyone, but I have to say, have seen some of Matt Goldberg's Twitter since this pandemic began, it's not shocking at all that he hated Tenet. Guy could not hide his contempt for Nolan at all for being involved with releasing the film in this environment. I get that not everyone's gonna agree with it (hell I think it should have released next year), but his hate seemed so visceral that it seemed impossible it wouldn't impact his perception of evaluating the film itself.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 1:55 pm
bootsy wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 1:45 pm
September 7th, 2020, 1:35 pm

Awesome. Although I’m out of the loop here, why is it unexpected?
He's not a big Nolan fan. Doesn't like most of his movies. It took Tarantino's love for Dunkirk for him to come around on that movie.
Thank you. Interesting that Tarantino had such effect on him to appreciate Dunkirk more. One thing is true, Tenet’s reception has been different and unexpected among people.
Now I wonder what Tarantino thinks about Tenet. He openly talked about Dunkirk & Interstellar. I guess it's a matter of time. Looking forward to his opinion.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 12:45 pm
bootsy wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 1:45 pm

He's not a big Nolan fan. Doesn't like most of his movies. It took Tarantino's love for Dunkirk for him to come around on that movie.
Thank you. Interesting that Tarantino had such effect on him to appreciate Dunkirk more. One thing is true, Tenet’s reception has been different and unexpected among people.
Now I wonder what Tarantino thinks about Tenet. He openly talked about Dunkirk & Interstellar. I guess it's a matter of time. Looking forward to his opinion.
Well he is not a fan of inception...so I doubt he would be a fan of TENET.

A Borges man wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 3:57 pm
X-MementoMori-X wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 12:45 pm

Well he is not a fan of inception...so I doubt he would be a fan of TENET.
That’s true. But given how Tenet’s reception has been somehow volatile, it could be the other way around for him this time. Honestly, I’m happy Edgar Wright liked it and I know some may say he’s a fan but still.

Brazilian article:

"Masterpiece or “right-wing crap”? The divisive success of 'Tenet', new film by Christopher Nolan"

"I think the problem is not over-understanding, but over-explanatory ”. Costa, to whom the film seemed "a considerable piece of crap", attributes part of Nolan's success to the proliferation of "a type of cultural consumer who needs the consumed work to tell him, in some way, how smart he is".

https://brasil.elpais.com/cultura/2020- ... atual.html

Oku
Ehh, that criticism applies to Inception was, but not TENET.

People do not like to pay money only to feel stupid, hence, the mixed word of mouth for TENET.