Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Intonestellar wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 1:29 pm
92% audience score on RT.
yeah with 39 verified ratings :lol:

bootsy wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 5:15 pm
A Borges man wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 5:03 pm
https://www.theringer.com/2020/9/1/2141 ... rom-canada

Here is the gang at Ringer, with good old Sean Fennessey just trying to hide his hate for Nolan, and failing. The guest also has "nice" things to say about Nolan.
I tried listening to this and it was hard listen.
I mean it's stuff like this that makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Do I have horrible taste, I feel like I'm farely well rounded in my interests...or, are they just refusing to give Nolan a grain of credit. The fact that they spend so much time making Kubrick comparisons, and Hitchcock comparisons, shows how unwilling they are to engage in Nolan's work. They lean into this idea that Nolan has no humor, but then allude to the humor in his work...

A Borges man wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 5:18 pm
bootsy wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 5:15 pm
A Borges man wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 5:03 pm
https://www.theringer.com/2020/9/1/2141 ... rom-canada

Here is the gang at Ringer, with good old Sean Fennessey just trying to hide his hate for Nolan, and failing. The guest also has "nice" things to say about Nolan.
I tried listening to this and it was hard listen.
I mean it's stuff like this that makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Do I have horrible taste, I feel like I'm farely well rounded in my interests...or, are they just refusing to give Nolan a grain of credit. The fact that they spend so much time making Kubrick comparisons, and Hitchcock comparisons, shows how unwilling they are to engage in Nolan's work. They lean into this idea that Nolan has no humor, but then allude to the humor in his work...
I wouldn’t worry about it. There are people who dislike Kubrick and Hitchcock as well so that’s probably impossible to avoid. Don’t let it question your own taste. No director/writer is perfect. Some people just put others under more scrutiny sometimes due to their popularity maybe, and Nolan has that.

Crazy that Joker is only on 68%, generally people seem to love it. I know this is critics but just seems strange.

David Ehrlich, letterboxd. Wished he had written the indiewire reviews.

https://letterboxd.com/davidehrlich/film/tenet/

"easily Nolan's worst non-Batman movie since Insomnia or Following.

i loved it.

p.s. for my fellow Americans: you can privately rent out a Cinemark in certain places for a LOT less than you think and see this or whatever you want with some peace of mind."

El Especial wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 9:27 pm
Love this guy, always a blast.

El Especial wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 9:26 pm
F*****n' hate Dan Murall. He is the worst time of youtube, bullshit prognosticator. Glad he gave Tenet a pass...too bad I don't respect him.

I find it so funny that critics are blasting this movie for being superficial...when the critical writing is truly superficial. This is why people get upset about reviews, it's not because we think Critisism is a bad practice. It's because the critical writing is unwilling to engage with the actual material. They are being paid in one form or another, but alot reviews in publications are limp and lack any sort of actual criticism, it is usual the same type of media studies 101 "analysis".