Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
To be honest, I haven't seen a single review that referred to the whole pandemic situation and the film's release controversy, so I wouldn't say the bad reviews are part of a "conspiracy".

The only thing I can't wrap my head around is how some reviews can see certain aspects of the film disappointing (Branagh, for example), while others, like the Total Film article, totally buy into it. Looks like expectations play a huge part in this... in a way I'm glad we see a big number of reviews in the 2/5-3/5 zone. They are making me reeeally curious to see this for myself.

hamid1993ss wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 6:03 am
More and more fresh reviews are coming in on Rotten Tomatoes. 7 fresh reviews in a row and people are worried. Remember that this movie comes in the middle of the pandemic so some people are against it.
More and more positive reaction is great.

There will be a few who will pan it because of the pandemic, but most will do their job correctly and may just not like the film, that’s fair enough but thankfully vast majority appear to like it.

Intonestellar wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 7:18 am
hamid1993ss wrote:
More and more fresh reviews are coming in on Rotten Tomatoes. 7 fresh reviews in a row and people are worried. Remember that this movie comes in the middle of the pandemic so some people are against it.

There will be a few who will pan it because of the pandemic, but most will do their job correctly and may just not like the film, that’s fair enough but thankfully vast majority appear to like it.
Yeah majority of the people liked it but i know where some didnt like it due to the complexity and sound mixing. I gave this movie 9,6/10 because i knew what i was getting and i knew that the sound will be loud. I love christopher nolan films in IMAX because i know i will get bombastic IMAX experience from Nolan. If the sound was low or it didnt vibrated the seats, i would have been dissapointed.

Intonestellar wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 3:37 am
4 stars (out of 5 I think) in the Sunday Times, and up to 81% on RT for those interested.
Part of that ST review;
In short, Tenet isn’t any old Christopher Nolan movie. It’s a Christopher Nolan movie squared — Nolan to the power of Nolan. If it is the fate of film directors, at least the really good ones, to turn into adjectives — “Lynchian”, “Spielbergian” — then with Tenet the process goes fully sentient. If Inception was Nolan’s Vertigo, then Tenet is his North by Northwest: an audaciously conceived, concussively executed, globe-spinning riff on all things Nolanesque, from its time-bending plot, rife with betrayal, to its brutalist concrete architecture; from its obligatory cameo by Michael Caine, who pops up in a members-only club to offer Washington a tailor; to its score by Ludwig Goransson, which echoes Hans Zimmer seemingly at every turn. There is even a protracted hand-to-hand fight down a corridor, not rotating as it was in Inception, but between Washington and a backwards-moving assailant, both men flipping like kippers in a pan. Needless to say, we later see the same fight, this time from the assailant’s point of view. “Does your head hurt yet?” asks Robert Pattinson, playing an ally who helps Washington while modelling a stylish sequence of scarves.

This review is from Tom Shone, the author who is writing the upcoming Nolan retrospective, so he kinda had to give it a positive review :D

Intonestellar wrote:
hamid1993ss wrote:

I don't think the pandemic is the reason for their reaction to the movie. I think it's just that some critics are tired of Nolan's choices to do these big budget sci-fi, James Bond type of movies. It has the feeling of a franchise/formula to an extent. Heck, there has been plenty of speculation that Tenet could be a sequel or spin-off from Inception.

For him to really catch the critics off-guard, he would have to do something completely different. He sort of did that with Dunkirk and it got extreme praise from the critics.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 10:26 am
Intonestellar wrote:
hamid1993ss wrote:

I don't think the pandemic is the reason for their reaction to the movie. I think it's just that some critics are tired of Nolan's choices to do these big budget sci-fi, James Bond type of movies. It has the feeling of a franchise/formula to an extent. Heck, there has been plenty of speculation that Tenet could be a sequel or spin-off from Inception.

For him to really catch the critics off-guard, he would have to do something completely different. He sort of did that with Dunkirk and it got extreme praise from the critics.
Hopefully he continues to do what he wants and doesn’t pay any attention to critics.

Intonestellar wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 10:36 am
redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 10:26 am
Intonestellar wrote:

Hopefully he continues to do what he wants and doesn’t pay any attention to critics.
It seems from the way he has been talking in his recent interviews from his past couple movies, he seems to use each movie as a step to learn about new things so he can do bigger and crazier things with sets and stuntwork and filming with IMAX cameras. So I feel he wants to get bigger and bigger with each film. I'm sure that will be what he wants to do with his next one after Tenet, perhaps a franchise film.