Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Kind a sad that nobody praise the writing, seems like the weak part. I guess this one will not be nominated for anything big, just some technical staff._.

Really hope Nolan is done with blockbusters and will go back to something smaller.

Why So Serious? wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 3:28 am
Kind a sad that nobody praise the writing, seems like the weak part. I guess this one will not be nominated for anything big, just some technical staff._.

Really hope Nolan is done with blockbusters and will go back to something smaller.
I would like to see Nolan Focus on directing and have some else write the script. I believe last time that happened was Insomnia

Guys at the end of the day are you a fan of Nolan’s films? Or a fan of validation? Relax. Be excited. Like what you like. :twothumbsup:

blackColumn wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 3:19 am
Let's face it : most critics probably only saw it once.
A lot of critics have noted that the film isn’t necessarily deep. With Prestige and Memento the more times you watch it the more you discover, from what I gather from the critics it doesn’t seem to be the case here. Subsequent viewing may result filling in dialogues you missed the first time around but the story isn’t as rich as other Nolan films like Prestige, Memento or even Inception. This is what I got from some of the reviews. I am really interested in finding out if any of this holds true.

Heading in for my first viewing in 20 minutes here in Australia. I will post my review
Always excited for a Nolan movie.It has been 3 years!!.
I remember the mixed reviews before I saw Interstellar. I ended up watching it 14 times in the cinema .I am going to have my own lenses and not the reviewers

mosh89 wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 3:43 am
Heading in for my first viewing in 20 minutes here in Australia. I will post my review
Always excited for a Nolan movie.It has been 3 years!!.
I remember the mixed reviews before I saw Interstellar. I ended up watching it 14 times in the cinema .I am going to have my own lenses and not the reviewers
:gonf:

Frankthetank wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 3:33 am
Guys at the end of the day are you a fan of Nolan’s films? Or a fan of validation? Relax. Be excited. Like what you like. :twothumbsup:
i second this, it looks like a lot of this forum`s been defeated, is this even a battle? we`ve known for a while what critics dont like about Nolan, at this point we just know that these things are part of chris`s idiosyncrasy as a film maker, and no filmmaker is perfect in the eyes of anyone, i mean theres chris with his supposed "clunky expositional, overly complex and cold scrips", theres also spielberg and his "corny sentimentality", alfonso cuaron and his films that "feel like a glorified emmanuel lubezki DP reel", there are valid criticisms but we love these filmmakers for who they are and the films they make, not because they rank highly in some websites numbers, and if you watch it and decide you hate it ? perfect, but make your own opinions, and remember that film critics and only provide so much objective data before turning to subjective appreciations of a films value :thumbup:

Why So Serious? wrote:

Yeah he should go back to make movies like The Prestige, you know that movie that has 75% on rottentomatoes, and critics dismissed out right (and didn't understand) when it came out.

What is with this "hope Nolan is done with blockbusters" attitude I've been seeing for like 10 years now. Who are we going to appoint the blockbuster police? Critics seem to think only Tom Cruise should be able to make blockbusters, he can recycle the same plot for every Mission:Impossible, you know those blockbusters that are written like Ingmar Bergman fucked Aaron Sorkin. They have such deep characters, man.

Gimme a break...

Can't wait for this movie to flop, all the film twitter people to trash it. And live in a blissed out world of Marvel Movies, remakes of cartoon Disney movies, and horrible Netflix movies like The Old Guard, with its dull color grading, horrible needle drops, and the gereral vibe of a tv pilot. Nolan shouldn't be allowed to make big movies, they are too cold, he sucks at characters, can't film action scenes, has terrible writing all around. (you know except that he doesn't)

cooldude wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 3:38 am
blackColumn wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 3:19 am
Let's face it : most critics probably only saw it once.
A lot of critics have noted that the film isn’t necessarily deep. With Prestige and Memento the more times you watch it the more you discover, from what I gather from the critics it doesn’t seem to be the case here. Subsequent viewing may result filling in dialogues you missed the first time around but the story isn’t as rich as other Nolan films like Prestige, Memento or even Inception. This is what I got from some of the reviews. I am really interested in finding out if any of this holds true.
Whether or not any of us wind up feeling the same way, this is an accurate summary of many reviews. They aren't complaining it's "too smart" to the point it's confusing, they are complaining Tenet over emphasizes psuedo-science (that doesn't make sense) at the expense of characters and themes.

Many here are deliberately obfuscating the substance of the reactions to make themselves feel better and it is very, very silly.

reminder these are still fairly good reviews and most of us will probably like it. It's ok. don't break your back justifying / dismissing the responses. be patient.

-Vader

A Borges man wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 3:50 am
Why So Serious? wrote:

Yeah he should go back to make movies like The Prestige, you know that movie that has 75% on rottentomatoes, and critics dismissed out right (and didn't understand) when it came out.

What is with this "hope Nolan is done with blockbusters" attitude I've been seeing for like 10 years now. Who are we going to appoint the blockbuster police? Critics seem to think only Tom Cruise should be able to make blockbusters, he can recycle the same plot for every Mission:Impossible, you know those blockbusters that are written like Ingmar Bergman fucked Aaron Sorkin. They have such deep characters, man.

Gimme a break...

Can't wait for this movie to flop, all the film twitter people to trash it. And live in a blissed out world of Marvel Movies, remakes of cartoon Disney movies, and horrible Netflix movies like The Old Guard, with its dull color grading, horrible needle drops, and the gereral vibe of a tv pilot. Nolan shouldn't be allowed to make big movies, they are too cold, he sucks at characters, can't film action scenes, has terrible writing all around. (you know except that he doesn't)
true that..hold on bro.. i feel u :D

this lack of character depth or emotions is something they always bring up with Nolan movies which are from top to bottom washed in blockbuster colors..
do they go looking for such parameters while heading for a new Tom Cruise or 007 movie?
which was the last blockbuster having an original story line which was gloriously praised for its fantastic depiction of various shades of human character ?
c'mon this isn't your regular off beat Ken Loach or Noah Baumbach movie
the only right way to review TENET is how it stands up to MISSION IMPOSSIBLE or BOND or something similar on that line.. and i firmly believe TENET is better than these.