Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

Adlakha is the man. This is a great read.

This is such a fucking good take i have to say, i`ve been thinking a lot of how in many ways, TENET serves as Interstellar`s thematic inversion, that of the future humans extending a helping hand agaisnt that of them pointing the gun at us, both films have the protagonist influencing the past from either outside time or form the future, both have antagonists whom`s selfishness either benefit the real antagonists or worsens our main characters situation, and there`s a ton of smaller parallels, like brand stating that "time cant run backwards, it cant" to then have a movie about time literally running backwards, to me Interstellar`s humanism and overall positivity contrasts very interestingly with TENET`s fatalism, bare in mind its not cynic fatalism, and Neil is absolute proof of that, even if we are indeed doomed, it shouldnt stop us from trying our very best, there is beauty in fighting and raging at the daying light after all, i swear its sad how people discard Nolan as a cold character and artist, bullshit.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 2nd, 2021, 10:40 pm
This is such a fucking good take i have to say, i`ve been thinking a lot of how in many ways, TENET serves as Interstellar`s thematic inversion, that of the future humans extending a helping hand agaisnt that of them pointing the gun at us, both films have the protagonist influencing the past from either outside time or form the future, both have antagonists whom`s selfishness either benefit the real antagonists or worsens our main characters situation, and there`s a ton of smaller parallels, like brand stating that "time cant run backwards, it cant" to then have a movie about time literally running backwards, to me Interstellar`s humanism and overall positivity contrasts very interestingly with TENET`s fatalism, bare in mind its not cynic fatalism, and Neil is absolute proof of that, even if we are indeed doomed, it shouldnt stop us from trying our very best, there is beauty in fighting and raging at the daying light after all, i swear its sad how people discard Nolan as a cold character and artist, bullshit.
People dismissing Nolan is at their loss. It is interesting to me that both Interstellar and Tenet are his least critically acclaimed movie, and most seemingly mocked by online content creators (the amount of anti-tenet youtube videos is insane, a cottage industry); but they are also his most dense, and formally inventive. The way he visualizes insane galaxy brain ideas in both movies is glorious. I think Time is going to be very kind to Tenet; interstellar has already grown in estimation, and Tenet will share a similar fate. They are amazing companion pieces to each other. Also, love that Adlakha throws praise at the end battle set-piece, which I love and think it's one of Nolan's best set pieces; I've seen a lot of people hate on it.

A Borges man wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 12:45 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 2nd, 2021, 10:40 pm
i swear its sad how people discard Nolan as a cold character and artist, bullshit.
People dismissing Nolan is at their loss. It is interesting to me that both Interstellar and Tenet are his least critically acclaimed movie, and most seemingly mocked by online content creators (the amount of anti-tenet youtube videos is insane, a cottage industry)
I think it's perhaps inevitable. These kinds of reactions towards him will continue happening as long as he keeps making movies probably, or even after that. Some people overreact with the whole "he has a big problem writing female characters" which is odd to me because I’ve seen brutal mindless writing in that regard but Nolan doesn’t fall on said category even when he could have added more depth in terms of that. Being a known writer/director who gets acclaim for his projects despite being blockbusters might put him on the spotlight for a more intense scrutiny if you ask me. That's not to say constructive criticism isn't important or that Nolan is somehow perfect because nobody is or has been as far as I know. It’s just that there are some overdramatic people on the other side of the coin waiting to attack like there are way over enthusiastic Nolan fans who see him as flawless.

It is glorious!

A Borges man wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 1:06 am

It is glorious!
Entertaining commentary, but it’s kind of frustrating how they aren’t understanding certain plot elements, especially given it’s their 3rd viewing 😂.

Like at the beginning, when Protagonist brings the Ukrainians the decoy VIP, they don’t realize it was an intentional switch. And at the end boat scene they think Kat is supposed to be inverted? But they don’t realize the characters did invert in order to go back in time to the Vietnam vacation, and are un-inverted, now going forwards. And they think there are multiverses involved in this movie, when the story is just a single timeline

hotsauce32 wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 2:29 pm

Entertaining commentary, but it’s kind of frustrating how they aren’t understanding certain plot elements, especially given it’s their 3rd viewing 😂.

Like at the beginning, when Protagonist brings the Ukrainians the decoy VIP, they don’t realize it was an intentional switch. And at the end boat scene they think Kat is supposed to be inverted? But they don’t realize the characters did invert in order to go back in time to the Vietnam vacation, and are un-inverted, now going forwards. And they think there are multiverses involved in this movie, when the story is just a single timeline
So much for understanding it completely on their part, huh? :P

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 5:41 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 2:29 pm

So much for understanding it completely on their part, huh? :P
The Vietnam vacation:
With Kat uninverting and going on the boat seems to have confused a few people, I've seen it as a place of confusion; was always clear to me that Kat uninverted and went to the boat.
I'm not 100% in for the Big Picture podcast, Fennessey has had some really dumb Nolan-takes, but I'm glad that there is a large platform stanning Tenet. It is frankly in short supply.

The other thing that confuses a lot of people is how the inverted metabolism works, the thing is that, to the inverted individual all bodily processes feel normal, its for the uninverted observer that things get trippy and possibly gross, the dude from cinemawins even failed to understand it, but in the end its not too big i deal i reckon.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 8th, 2021, 10:07 pm
The other thing that confuses a lot of people is how the inverted metabolism works, the thing is that, to the inverted individual all bodily processes feel normal, its for the uninverted observer that things get trippy and possibly gross, the dude from cinemawins even failed to understand it, but in the end its not too big i deal i reckon.
Indeed. It's kind of shocking how many people were confused by the way the individual is perceived when inverted or perceives the world. Like...the joke everyone makes is shit flying back into one's butt, but it is only perceived that way when witnessing an inverted person, or an inverted person spying on an uninverted person using the toilet. I think this general confusion is why so many people had difficulties from the very beginning.