Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
LOL

Crazy people... :crazy:

Insomniac wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 2:46 pm

:roll:

These people are so mentally unwell.
Anyone who watched Dunkirk and thought it was covertly pro or anti Brexit is DENSE. If Nolan wanted to comment on Brexit he’d write an Op-ed for a newspaper. He and Emma Thomas give THOUSANDS of dollars to the Democratic Party in the US anyway. He’s trying to make art not propaganda.

Dunkirk was a historical event that actually happened. It's appalling how many people didn't know that

William Blake wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 5:29 pm
Insomniac wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 2:46 pm

:roll:

These people are so mentally unwell.
Anyone who watched Dunkirk and thought it was covertly pro or anti Brexit is DENSE. If Nolan wanted to comment on Brexit he’d write an Op-ed for a newspaper. He and Emma Thomas give THOUSANDS of dollars to the Democratic Party in the US anyway. He’s trying to make art not propaganda.
I mean this is the type of shit that always happens when ever Nolan is discussed on the internet. Everyone gets like a brain worm and says stupid shit.....
Last edited by A Borges man on September 6th, 2020, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

its a thing Nolan films deal with among other famous auteurs like him, many "reviewers" yearn to have their own hot takes on the new and popular film, its the same "disease" many youtube essay makers have, pulling wrong political sub themes out of their bottoms, dont get me wrong, art IS inherently political and its fine, but at least interpret what there is actually there correctly, its not that hard.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 10:20 pm
its a thing Nolan films deal with among other famous auteurs like him, many "reviewers" yearn to have their own hot takes on the new and popular film, its the same "disease" many youtube essay makers have, pulling wrong political sub themes out of their bottoms, dont get me wrong, art IS inherently political and its fine, but at least interpret what there is actually there correctly, its not that hard.
I agree with what you just said except with "art is inherently political" but not gonna talk about that. Critics aren’t perfect and they probably have a certain bias towards something. Also, as much as some people want to say otherwise, when something is popular and considered to be of quality, it’s going to be put to the test because we still can’t completely fathom the idea of getting good cinema that is also appealing to a wider audience unfortunately. Recently that seems to be changing for the better though or hopefully it will.

That’s my take.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 10:49 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
I agree with what you just said except with "art is inherently political" but not gonna talk about that. Critics aren’t perfect and they probably have a certain bias towards something. Also, as much as some people want to say otherwise, when something is popular and considered to be of quality, it’s going to be put to the test because we still can’t completely fathom the idea of getting good cinema that is also appealing to a wider audience unfortunately. Recently that seems to be changing for the better though or hopefully it will.

That’s my take.
just to be clear im not talking partisan politics here, just the political concept of "left" and "right"

Nicolaslabra wrote:

That’s my take.
this is unambiguously untrue

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 12:31 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:

That’s my take.
this is unambiguously untrue

-Vader
I don’t know about you but I’ve had conversations with multiple people whose problem is exactly that, which is the reason why I said "can’t completely fathom" instead of "can’t fathom". I meant a certain amount of people, not all of them. Maybe I didn’t phrase it correctly.