Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
MaxContract wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 11:08 am
Especially considering Interstellar was his lowest rated film in a long time by critics and yet general audiences loved it immensely and many people consider it one of their personal favorite films ever. Nolan has always cared mostly about the theater experience and how general audiences respond and so far Tenet seems to have a very positive response from general audiences. Time will obviously tell though with its box office legs.
Has it though? It currently sits at 8.0 on imdb, only above Dunkirk, Following and Insomnia, and it will probably end up below Dunkirk.

Dobson wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 11:15 am
MaxContract wrote:
Especially considering Interstellar was his lowest rated film in a long time by critics and yet general audiences loved it immensely and many people consider it one of their personal favorite films ever. Nolan has always cared mostly about the theater experience and how general audiences respond and so far Tenet seems to have a very positive response from general audiences. Time will obviously tell though with its box office legs.
Has it though? It currently sits at 8.0 on imdb, only above Dunkirk, Following and Insomnia, and it will probably end up below Dunkirk.
On Imdb people are giving this movie 1 without seeing it. So i never trust imdb. I only trust verified audiences from RT.

Dobson wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 11:15 am
MaxContract wrote:
only 50k scores though. Interstellar, by comparison, has 1.6 million reviews on imdb. You never really know what the reputation of Tenet will be a few months from now.

i am glad that Tenet has not got Rotten score like the new mutants and Antebellum. Some were saying that they will watch Antebellum after that trailer instead of Tenet and looks like Antebellum bombs hard.

I think people here need to recognize (and reconcile) with the fact that Nolan's eleventh feature is not universally loved by critics or cinemagoers. Not gonna be another IMDB/RT-darling or an Oscar hopefull. Shit, this might even be a commercial failure.

That's okay though, they can't all be winners in that regard.

8-)

Another Brazilian critic. Positive.

Is it just me or do people remember every film since inception critics having something to pick at Nolan's films?

The dark knight rises (poor writing towards the end of the movie)

Interstellar (too long and too much exposition)

Dunkirk (lacking character depth and boring)

Yet all films go down as great.

Pr0creation wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 4:03 pm
Is it just me or do people remember every film since inception critics having something to pick at Nolan's films?

The dark knight rises (poor writing towards the end of the movie)

Interstellar (too long and too much exposition)

Dunkirk (lacking character depth and boring)

Yet all films go down as great.
Yeah it’s always been like this when reviews come out for a new Nolan movie. No film is immune to criticism, and Nolan’s movies aren’t flawless, no movie is. But I gotta say I’m kind of shocked how many rotten reviews are coming out from US press. The movie literally went from a 80% down to 74% because of them.