Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
A Borges man wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 10:21 pm
El Especial wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 9:26 pm
F*****n' hate Dan Murall. He is the worst time of youtube, bullshit prognosticator. Glad he gave Tenet a pass...too bad I don't respect him.

I find it so funny that critics are blasting this movie for being superficial...when the critical writing is truly superficial. This is why people get upset about reviews, it's not because we think Critisism is a bad practice. It's because the critical writing is unwilling to engage with the actual material. They are being paid in one form or another, but alot reviews in publications are limp and lack any sort of actual criticism, it is usual the same type of media studies 101 "analysis".
I like Murrell albeit I've only seen him in the Schmoedown trivia contest and never seen his reviews but he seems like a decent guy.

Don’t care for Murrell as a reviewer, he’s too CinemaSins- core for me

??? He gave it a positive-ish review. He said if youre a Nolan fan or film fan that he doesnt really think you can allow urself to miss out on it. Meaning you have to watch it. Meaning he liked it. I also dont see how hes like cinemasins but i guess he can be cynical

DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 10:54 pm
??? He gave it a positive-ish review. He said if youre a Nolan fan or film fan that he doesnt really think you can allow urself to miss out on it. Meaning you have to watch it. Meaning he liked it. I also dont see how hes like cinemasins but i guess he can be cynical
I just think he is a wiener. Almost nothing he can do about...poor guy.

Down to 77%

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 9:33 am
David Ehrlich (one of the most famous and admired film critics):

"easily Nolan's worst non-Batman movie since Insomnia or Following.
i loved it."
3,5/5
https://letterboxd.com/davidehrlich/film/tenet/
The fact Nolan's 'worst' film is loved by so many and generally deemed better than most Hollywood movies always puts a smile on my face :D

Didn't see this posted yet - Ann Hornaday's non-review in WaPo talks about her decision to not see the film and is pretty brutal towards Nolan. Some highlights:
While respecting our readers’ individual decisions about whether to venture into theaters, the absence of a digital option to watch the film effectively deprived us of the same choice. Put more harshly: We were held hostage to “Tenet’s” marketing rollout — given a high-minded sheen by Nolan’s vaunted artistic purity — and we chose not to play.
There’s also something disingenuous — if not downright arrogant — about Nolan leveraging his directorial bona fides to make “Tenet” a high-stakes game of cinematic chicken. Much in the same way that he dares filmgoers to make sense of his notoriously loud, often indecipherable sound mixes, he now seems to be challenging our commitment to Cinema-with-a-capital-C, only this time with life-or-death stakes.
Nolan’s mantle of auteurist purity rings particularly false considering the thoughtfulness of some of his colleagues. John Krasinski’s “A Quiet Place Part II” is arguably just as much a gotta-see-it-on-the-big-screen movie as “Tenet” . . . Krasinski did what genuine artists do: He read the room and responded accordingly, leaning into the limitations of the era rather than trying to bend them to his will. He knows that the current ethos means making creative work more accessible, not less.

Wow - as a German following American politics very close, I knew that there is almost no middle ground between left and right newspapers/newsoutlets etc. but I think nobody would've expected anything else from the Washington Post.

As a critic you are in the most privileged position to watch TENET (okay maybe just after the projectionsists). Only a few people in an auditorium just for you.
How does she go shopping? In an full-body condom (that's how we say it in Germany) ?

And to claim that John Krasinski has any say in the distribution of AQP II just shows how little she knows.

I don't understand how some people/critics think they are forced to go to cinemas, if you're so angry about it, wait until it's released for you to enjoy in your home, simple.