Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
It's getting a more polarizing reaction than normal for a Nolan film, and I think that's both exciting and fair. However I'm also reminded of how absurdly lazy some critics can be, just saw someone criticizing the film for having "generic action" :lol:

Robin wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 12:49 pm
It's getting a more polarizing reaction than normal for a Nolan film, and I think that's both exciting and fair. However I'm also reminded of how absurdly lazy some critics can be, just saw someone criticizing the film for having "generic action" :lol:
I agree but you can’t please everyone even when things are different and unique. It’s probably impossible for any writer/director to do it. It reminds me of how some people came out saying Parasite was generic and whatnot despite having rave reviews for the most part. It’s just how it is.

Nolan once said "originality for its own sake is never going to please anybody anywhere." I don’t know if never but it makes sense. :P

666kalpa wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 1:22 pm
We have to admit that one looks funny. 😂

Robin wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 12:49 pm
I think some criticism is fair, even if you don’t agree but I also think a lot of critics have made their minds up a lot of the time before they even watch a film. Most are genuine I’m sure.

92% audience score on RT.
Last edited by Intonestellar on September 1st, 2020, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It surprises me a little bit to read a lot of these reviews about how it’s confusing. I mean the film is pretty fast overall, sometimes it’s hard work haha. But the experience overall more than makes up for it in my opinion, and I had no trouble with understanding most of it from my first viewing.

Of course, it may not be for everyone.

This is already lower than Interstellar and without most US critics . Pretty sure Interstellar is closer to 80 than 60 on MC

Lincoln wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 3:10 pm
This is already lower than Interstellar and without most US critics . Pretty sure Interstellar is closer to 80 than 60 on MC
Interstellar is at 72 RT / 74 MC