Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Oku wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 9:41 am
Yep, it's falling hard, which I imagine is why RT is holding out on Certifying it Fresh.

They want to avoid another Joker situation, where the percentage seemed stable because it had a 100+ reviews and it seemed logical to Certify it Fresh then and there.

Who knew that it was premature and that American critics would rip it to shreds.
Looks like it's back up to 80% now. I wouldn't say it's falling hard, but I do agree that they need to wait a long time before labeling it Certified Fresh. Potentially 350-400 more reviews to go.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 9:54 am
Oku wrote:
Yep, it's falling hard, which I imagine is why RT is holding out on Certifying it Fresh.

They want to avoid another Joker situation, where the percentage seemed stable because it had a 100+ reviews and it seemed logical to Certify it Fresh then and there.

Who knew that it was premature and that American critics would rip it to shreds.
I think it needs 350 reviews before being label certified fresh.

Looks like it's back up to 80% now. I wouldn't say it's falling hard, but I do agree that they need to wait a long time before labeling it Certified Fresh. Potentially 350-400 more reviews to go.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Oku wrote:

Maybe relax? It’s not like the film is at 50% or less. I think some people are overreacting. Not the first time Nolan has been around those numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i358Rws1SV0

Jeremy Jahns (the most famous/loved youtube film critic next to Chris Stuckmann) gave the movie a :thumbup: He thought the first part was a solid spy movie and the second half blew his mind (on a positive way).

I really don't think this will be another Joker situation but it could end up in Interstellar territory, where they arguably might have certified it fresh prematurely.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 10:13 am
redfirebird2008 wrote:
Oku wrote:

Maybe relax? It’s not like the film is at 50% or less. I think some people are overreacting. Not the first time Nolan has been around those numbers.
Not sure why you directed that comment at me. Maybe you meant to direct it at the other poster.

Oku
i'm actually redfirebird2008's alt, so... :?

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 10:39 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i358Rws1SV0

Jeremy Jahns (the most famous/loved youtube film critic next to Chris Stuckmann) gave the movie a :thumbup: He thought the first part was a solid spy movie and the second half blew his mind (on a positive way).
Yes he did and that was a good review. Although at first it seems like he’s deconstructing the film’s story to its lowest form and when doing that then any story would be probably simple? Not so life changing? Maybe some people haven’t learned to separate expectations created by trailers from what the movie offers or I could be wrong.

Oku wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 10:50 am
i'm actually redfirebird2008's alt, so... :?
WTF :lol: :lol:

Oku wrote:

“Falling hard” lol, could job you don’t exaggerate :D

Will end up around Interstellar imo, which is my fave Nolan film.

Still find it strange how Joker fell hard (that actually did), great film.