Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
The local branch of IGN just posted its review of the film. No point-system (a decision I support!), but in the end they didn't like it as much as Nolan's previous flicks. The main complaint is that, while it is an enormous spectacle and the 150 minutes of it truly fly by, the film's empty characters and plot can throw you out of the experience (my translation can sound harsher than it should). They felt that JDW's character was a bit disappointing, while saying that Debicki's character, although serving merely as an emotional drive for the plot, is one of Nolan's more interesting ones.

DHOPW42 wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 9:45 am
The local branch of IGN just posted its review of the film. No point-system (a decision I support!), but in the end they didn't like it as much as Nolan's previous flicks. The main complaint is that, while it is an enormous spectacle and the 150 minutes of it truly fly by, the film's empty characters and plot can throw you out of the experience (my translation can sound harsher than it should). They felt that JDW's character was a bit disappointing, while saying that Debicki's character, although serving merely as an emotional drive for the plot, is one of Nolan's more interesting ones.
24.hu wrote nearly exactly the same with less positives, they gave it 6.5 out of 10.

Ace wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 9:30 am
Peter Bradshaw‘s review
There is the 5* review of Tenet from The Guardian i said about a few days ago.

Intonestellar wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 9:57 am
Ace wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 9:30 am
Peter Bradshaw‘s review
There is the 5* review of Tenet from The Guardian i said about a few days ago.
Seems unlikely that his will be counted in MetaCritic for instance. Meanwhile they have a guy on there counted twice with the same review for 2 different publications. That's Nicholas Barber counted as a 65/100 for The Wrap and a 60/100 for the BBC.

I stand corrected! They posted the Bradshaw review on Metracritic. Happy to be wrong. :D

Reviews are getting better and better now in the main.

Intonestellar wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 10:21 am
Not sure about that, but at this point I think the pattern is clear: to use RT terminology, rotten and fresh reviews really say the same thing about the movie, but some critics like the film despite those flaws, and some don't. I mean, even this quite positive Bradshaw review explained how it's impossible to follow the film and such :D

DHOPW42 wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 10:23 am
Intonestellar wrote:
Not sure about that, but at this point I think the pattern is clear: to use RT terminology, rotten and fresh reviews really say the same thing about the movie, but some critics like the film despite those flaws, and some don't. I mean, even this quite positive Bradshaw review explained how it's impossible to follow the film and such :D
It’s getting quite a lot of 5* from respected outlets, mostly 4*. Imagine how the DC movie fan forums go on a similar thread, they’d be pleased to see 20% :D

Intonestellar wrote:
Yeah! 8-)