Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DHOPW42 wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 1:27 pm
It feels unfair but as someone watching it in a foreign country with subtitles, I never had a problem with that...
feel the same, even dunkirk, i only found myself reading the subtitles a couple of times really.

DaBossAK wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 1:58 pm
hamid1993ss wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 6:50 pm
Jamie east from the sun gave it 3/5 stars but it counts as rotten??
Go on rotten tomatoes, go to see all critics reviews and click the "Do you think me miscategorized a critic's review button"
3/5 stars is Rotten. (60%)
3.5/5 stars is Fresh.(70%)
That's how it works.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 3:16 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
It feels unfair but as someone watching it in a foreign country with subtitles, I never had a problem with that...
feel the same, even dunkirk, i only found myself reading the subtitles a couple of times really.
really? when I watched Dunkirk in the theaters (non-IMAX), i could barely catch a word in many scenes, especially those in the air.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 3:16 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
What I meant was that I can always easily follow the film because of the subtitles :D

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 12:39 pm
Pretty much this. I think on blu Ray he has more control of the sound of everything compared to theater that sets the sound for the movie. I could be wrong with digital projectors.
A correction for IMAX and Liemax auditoriums. For such auditoriums, IMAX carefully and specifically tunes the audio to the director's specification. So for any Nolan film in IMAX or Liemax, what you're hearing audio-wise is how Nolan intended it for you to experience in IMAX. Any other non-IMAX auditoriums can have differing experiences depending on how the sound is set or tuned.

Unfortunately that’s not true. Not all IMAX screens sound the same. The room acoustics alone can change how the mixes sound on those speakers. So the mix will sound different even between IMAX screens.

Imaginatio wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 7:18 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
Pretty much this. I think on blu Ray he has more control of the sound of everything compared to theater that sets the sound for the movie. I could be wrong with digital projectors.
A correction for IMAX and Liemax auditoriums. For such auditoriums, IMAX carefully and specifically tunes the audio to the director's specification. So for any Nolan film in IMAX or Liemax, what you're hearing audio-wise is how Nolan intended it for you to experience in IMAX. Any other non-IMAX auditoriums can have differing experiences depending on how the sound is set or tuned.
Not all IMAX auditoriums are equal. Laser IMAX sound system is a lot better than the older sound system in many IMAX auditoriums. I experienced this with poor audio clarity in LieMAX for Dunkirk compared to a Laser IMAX show. Huge difference between them.

Yes that is correct, IMAX Laser audio systems are newer and better versus older IMAX sound systems. My point still stands that IMAX still tunes and calibrates and monitors the audio quality in all their IMAX auditoriums, whether it's a newer or older IMAX audio system. I am also aware there are differences in audio experience between real IMAX and Liemax auditoriums, but IMAX still tunes and calibrates them all.

Imaginatio wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 7:18 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
My theater was a 70mm IMAX and we issues with sound.

Not all IMAX sound systems are equal to the say the very least, and Nolan's sound mixes play particularly poorly in theaters with sound equipment with anything less than the finest dynamic range. Muddy/boomy bass will overwhelm the center channel in the majority of IMAX auditoriums.

This audio issue didn't really become a widespread issue on this level until Interstellar. Here it seems like it has as much, or more, exposition as Inception but you can't hear it half the time.

Those who have seen it so far may have had a different experience, but that's what I have heard. Concerned, since the theater I'm going already plays the audio about 20% too loud.

-Vader