Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 11:27 pm
So you would be basing part of your judgment on those reviews? Better just wait and decide for yourself. They have been positive for the most part. All of his films have negative reviews. Nothing to be surprised about
I've read many of the reviews; as we have all seen, many reviews were positive and many negative.
Reviewers saying: "This film is too complex" or "I couldn't make sense of it" doesn't bother me but a specific criticism about what seems to be an obvious plot whole regarding the logistics of one of the characters (as Barry Hertz mentions) has me more worried.

Friendless_at_Dusk wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 11:38 pm
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 11:27 pm
So you would be basing part of your judgment on those reviews? Better just wait and decide for yourself. They have been positive for the most part. All of his films have negative reviews. Nothing to be surprised about
I've read many of the reviews; as we have all seen, many reviews were positive and many negative.
Reviewers saying: "This film is too complex" or "I couldn't make sense of it" doesn't bother me but a specific criticism about what seems to be an obvious plot whole with the logistics of one of the characters (as Barry Hertz mentions) has me more worried.
I've seen the movie. In regards to what Barry Hertz said, it's not a plot hole. I know exactly what he is talking about, as it confused me initially. But it does follow the logic of the film.

Clowmount wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 11:40 pm
I've seen the movie. In regards to what Barry Hertz said, it's not a plot hole. I know exactly what he is talking about, as it confused me initially. But it does follow the logic of the film.
*big sigh of relief* :clap:
(I'm just not sure if that sigh of relief is with oxygen mask on or off :lol:

I know it doesn't matter but it's kind of crazy to think this might not even be certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes lol. We'll know when it hits 80 reviews and whether it can stay at 75% or above.

Hustler wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 12:03 am
I know it doesn't matter but it's kind of crazy to think this might not even be certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes lol. We'll know when it hits 80 reviews and whether it can stay at 75% or above.
I think that being Certified Fresh is the minimum benchmark for a Nolan film.
I think that 70% mark is VERY important.
A (60%) Review gets listed as Rotten.
A 3.5/5 review (70%) gets listed as Fresh.
Last edited by Friendless_at_Dusk on August 22nd, 2020, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

and back into the 70s baby

-Vader

A lot a people who just watched advanced screenings are on Twitter right now and reactions are very positive, but I suppose that are all Nolan fans so no surprise.

Vader182 wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 1:22 am

-Vader

why do you care so much about a Rotten tomatoes score? You're tracking it like it's the stock market.

KEM
ninenin wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 2:32 am
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader

why do you care so much about a Rotten tomatoes score? You're tracking it like it's the stock market.
I can’t make sense of it either, I couldn’t tell you about the ratings for any of my favorite movies, all I know is that I like em and that’s all that matters

ninenin wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 2:32 am
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader

Even though is really doesn’t reflect the quality of the film very accurately, people don consult it to decide whether to go or not to the movies, that why it’s important.