Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Insomniac wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:47 pm
I'm still excited, but all the stuff about it lacking emotion has me slightly disappointed.

I blame all the people who mocked Interstellar's go for broke sentimentality.
apparently Robbie Collin said the film made him cry at 2 different moments.

hairer wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:43 pm
Now at 87%, its average rating has jumped up from 7/10 to 7.3. I can see the avg score settling at 7.5 to 7.6, not that far behind Inception and above interstellar and The Prestige scores
Based on all of the reviews, I don’t expect it to go any higher than 87% or 7.3 average. The reviews have been extremely divisive and I find that the Rotten Tomatoes scores for divisive movies tend to peak at the beginning. I could be completely wrong and I hope I am! Lol

Insomniac wrote:
I'm still excited, but all the stuff about it lacking emotion has me slightly disappointed.

Yep. TDKR was also very sentimental. And for all their flaws, I love them dearly. Doesn't look like Tenet is in that trend.

Even more excited about seeing this now after reading the non-spoiler reviews, even the few of the more negative ones.

Nolan fans are going to lap this up!

MaxContract wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:48 pm
Insomniac wrote:

apparently Robbie Collin said the film made him cry at 2 different moments.
Why is this Robbie Collin so important? I’m out of the loop here, sorry.

Didn’t realise TDKR was 87% on RT, most people seem to dislike it.

Intonestellar wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:52 pm
Most? I don’t know about that.

Intonestellar wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:52 pm
At the time, TDKR had so much hype that most critics just accepted the story for what it was and said it was great

The stuff about the plot holes, logic errors, bad background extras fight choreography, etc. all became talking points after the general public saw it. So that is why the praise looks jarring now in hindsight.

And I also think that lead to Interstellar getting weak reviews because it made critics become more nitpick-y to Nolans writing.
Last edited by MaxContract on August 21st, 2020, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

30 reviews in, Rotten Tomatoes still at 87%, 2 new Fresh reviews added. Rotten review count remains at 4.

7.23/10 avg rating, slightly down from 7.26

Who said the Guardian would give it 5 Stars ? Lol. The two worst review are one from the Guardian and one from Indiewire who hired a guy from the Guardian to review the film, since it's not on the US yet.