Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
The fan in me definitely hoped for much more positive reactions across the board but I’m not bothered. I’d rather see him taking chances, giving us something bold that could be polarizing.

Amazing!

Pans and raves, just as I hoped. This will be interesting, can't wait. :gonf:

This was to be expected. Let me grab some popcorn.

Ace

Last edited by Ace on August 21st, 2020, 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oku wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:26 pm
Oh shit, 10/10 from Total Film, and more importantly from Mr. (Robbie) Collins!

OK, now my hype is cautiously rising again, but the sadness is still lingering inside >.<
Rotten score now at 85%. Nearing inception's 86%

ninenin wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:28 pm
The negative reviews are actually making me excited... most of the negativity is reviewers complaining that the plot is too complex for them. That's just the kind of film I love, a film that forces you to think and doesn't just offer up a simplistic one-dimensional plot.
I feel the exact same, the same people said the exact same about Interstellar.

Oku
Tarssauce wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:29 pm
The fan in me definitely hoped for much more positive reactions across the board but I’m not bothered. I’d rather see him taking chances, giving us something bold that could be polarizing.
I think, from what I see, is that that kind of polarizing film is not the film that should be welcoming back audiences after a months-long shutdown.

You don't start a meal with a thick juicy steak that requires thorough chewing and digestion, you start a meal with a light, easily-digestible...you get the analogy.

It sounds like TENET would have been the perfect final-course to cap off a fun summer season, but now it unfortunately has become the steak jammed down your throat before you've even had a sip of the wine.
hairer wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:32 pm
Oku wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:26 pm
Oh shit, 10/10 from Total Film, and more importantly from Mr. (Robbie) Collins!

OK, now my hype is cautiously rising again, but the sadness is still lingering inside >.<
Rotten score now at 85%. Nearing inception's 86%
Don't give me hope :lol:

Intonestellar wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:34 pm
ninenin wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 12:28 pm
The negative reviews are actually making me excited... most of the negativity is reviewers complaining that the plot is too complex for them. That's just the kind of film I love, a film that forces you to think and doesn't just offer up a simplistic one-dimensional plot.
I feel the exact same, the same people said the exact same about Interstellar.
Interstellar never went above 75%. Tenet is already 85% on rotten.

....To be clear, Tenet at 85 also has a much lower average rating than Inception ever did (8.13 for Inception vs 7.22 for Tenet). And scores tend to drop over time, not move upwards. So the "this is even with Inception" remarks aren't at all true.

It'll be interesting how American critics respond to this.

-Vader