Tenet Reviews/Reactions [Possible SPOILERS]

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Demoph wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 3:35 am
So many positive reactions yet none talks about it as emotional. I really hoped Nolan would go back to his unashamed emotionally focused storytelling of TDKR and Interstellar.
honestly i find every single nolan film to be deeply emotional, i dont get why people compare him to kubrick in that way, his films are anything but cold.

I'm just hoping for a scene as powerful as Inception's
Fischer finding the wind mill toy and looking up to his dad's dead face
:gonf:

The lack of reactions from big reputable publications got me worried, idk Warner. I'm coming back on monday just in case.
Last edited by Lincoln on August 21st, 2020, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe wait until the embargo lift later today?

The list that Oku posted sounds like what I described earlier in this thread - WB emailing those who attended screenings for their one liner reactions. These aren't necessarily excerpts from reviews - which WB wouldn't have until said embargo lifts.

And remember that a lot of US publications won't have reviews today because they might not see the film at all due to being in LA/NY

Flutterby wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 3:53 am
I'm just hoping for a scene as powerful as Inception's
Fischer finding the wind mill toy and looking up to his dad's dead face
:gonf:
Gets me every time.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 3:42 am
Demoph wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 3:35 am
So many positive reactions yet none talks about it as emotional. I really hoped Nolan would go back to his unashamed emotionally focused storytelling of TDKR and Interstellar.
honestly i find every single nolan film to be deeply emotional, i dont get why people compare him to kubrick in that way, his films are anything but cold.
I agree Nicholaslabra. Emotionality in stories and the audience response to it can be quite subjective as you may know. What might be emotional for us, won’t be for others. I think it depends more on whether it’s developed with care through storytelling or not, in whichever way that may be. But it could still vary though due to some people’s specific inclinations to emotion. So, Demoph, you might as well wait until watching the film so you can decide for yourself and besides, I read on those reviews the word "drama" (if I remember correctly) on different parts, which could mean that it does have it.
Last edited by Paradoxicalparabola on August 21st, 2020, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

antovolk wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 4:05 am

The list that Oku posted sounds like what I described earlier in this thread - WB emailing those who attended screenings for their one liner reactions. These aren't necessarily excerpts from reviews - which WB wouldn't have until said embargo lifts.

And remember that a lot of US publications won't have reviews today because they might not see the film at all due to being in LA/NY
Very good points.

antovolk wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 4:05 am

as usual listen to ant

Don't be shocked folks if this is in the Interstellar-Inception RT range of 70s to 80s. won't be the end of the world.

-Vader

Lincoln wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 4:00 am
The lack of reactions from big reputable publications got me worried, idk Warner. I'm coming back on monday just in case.
Empire & TF. Two biggest movie publications.

Some bizarre posts in this thread, so if it’s positive review it doesn’t count because it’s been cherry picked for TV Spots, no reputable reviews yet despite two biggest film mags around giving it 5 *.

It’s ok to feel positive so far. ;)